Chapter 12 - Superhero.

- Scarlett

I looked in the mirror at my incredibly cute outfit. It was a pink buttoned up blouse, light ripped jeans with white Pokadots, and white flats. I pulled my hair up in this cool messy bun. I grabbed my new back pack and ran out the door. my brother was yelling because I was late. But it's valentine's day and EW! Anyway. I ran to my locker and suddenly balloons spilled out of it with hearts that said "will you be my valentine." I felt my heart beat fast as I turn around and music started playing. What is going on?

- Ross

(An hour before)

Marissa told me last night about all of Scarlett's insecurities and her recent heart break. So, we decided to do something amazing. I stayed up all night writing a song and even got up really early to blow up balloons. We stuffed as many as we could into Scarlett's locker and we waited behind a door. When Scarlett showed up to school, I watched carefully as she opened her locker. People gathered around and stared, whispered, and giggled. I watched her look around confused. Marissa then pressed play on her iPhone that was hooked up to the speaker and music started playing. I cleared my throat and walked over to Scarlett. Her mouth dropped open and I began to sing.

"Sometimes love's a scary place,
It's like standing in dark.
Flying through the universe,
Trying to fix your broken heart.
It's okay to let it go,
You don't have to be so brave.
Take a chance cause someone else is going to swoop in and save the day.
You don't have to face your fears alone. Cuz whenever you're in trouble I'll know..."

I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close to me. I rested my hands on her hips and kids began to take out their phones and record and take pictures. Scarlett looked down, but I rested my right hand gently on her chin and pulled her head up. She looked into my eyes and my heart melted. She was so beautiful. She smirked and I wanted I kiss her so bad.

"Let me be your superhero.
There isn't a place I won't go.
Whenever you need me by your side,
I'll be there, be there.
Never be afraid if you fall.
I'll carry you away from
It all.
Let me be your superhero.
Let me be your superhero. "

The music stopped and I took a deep breath.

"That's all I got. The songs not finished but.. It was enough for this."

"Wha-"

I cut her off.

"Scarlett, will you be my valentine?"

The crowd around us were saying 'SAY YES!' Or 'OMG' but I toned it out. Scarlett and I stared into each others eyes and I felt myself leaning forward. I tried to pull myself back but it was no use. I felt her hot breathe on my lips. Our lips were just about to crash when..

- Scarlett.

I can't let him kiss me. No matter how much I want to.. I just cant! I didn't know what to do, or what to say so..

"SURE ROSS!"

Ross jumped back and looked me in the eye.

"What?"

"I'll be your valentine.. I guess.."

He smiled and hugged me tightly. The bell rang and people started to scurry to their classes. I walked back to my locker and Ross came with me. We both began picking up balloons and Marissa came running out with a pretty big stuffed animal. A square box, some flowers and a balloon. She handed them to Ross and he smiled handing me each thing one at a time.

First: this adorable stuffed panda (they're my favorite animals)
Then: 12 red roses
Next: the box of candy, it had chocolate covered Oreos. My fave!
Last: the heart shaped balloon.

"Happy valentines day ms.valentine!" He gave me a big smiled and I giggled.

Marissa snapped a photo of us and then sent it to me. I looked at it and it was both of us looking up at each other smiling, and my arms were filled with the gifts he had gave me.

"AWW! SOSS!"

Ross and I both looked at her and have her a strange look.

"Or Rarlett, which ever you prefer."

Ross and I giggled as we continued picking up the little pink balloons and attempting to shove them into my locker. Just then. The 2nd bell rang. CRAP. We're so late for class.

"Oh no!" I looked at Marissa who looked terrified.

"What?" Ross gave her a strange look.

"I'm dead if I'm late again. GOTTA RUN!"

She ran down the hall and left Ross and I alone.

"So.." Ross turned to me and smiled. "Do you like your gift?"

I looked down and smiled. "I do, thanks." I looked back up at him and he chuckled.

"I named your panda." He laughed. "His name his chubbs."

"Why chubbs?"

"Cause he's chubby."

We both laughed as I placed chubbs In my locker with the rest of my stuff.

"So, Scarlett..."

I turned to see Ross really close to me. I backed up a bit but my locker was right there, so I ended up right up against it. He then got closer and rested one of his hands on my hip and the other he brought up to my cheek. He chuckled and my eyes widened. My heart started pounding and butterflies started to scurry around in my tummy.

"Yes.. Ross?" I said quietly as I swallowed hard.

"You look really really pretty. Not just today.. But everyday."

"Th-thanks."

He chucked again as he rubbed my cheek lightly with his thumb. He then began leaning in. And this time, I felt myself leaning in too.. I don't know why this moment felt so perfect. And I felt sparks, and we HAVENT EVEN KISSED YET. I felt his breath on my lips then...

"MS. VALENTINE."

I pushed Ross right off me and turned to see my uncle Danny. Just standing there. I gave him a look of "you just saved my butt." And he gave me a wink but nonchalantly so Ross wouldn't notice.

"Principle Valentine, I'm so sorry this is my fault." Ross tried to cover because he knew what my uncle was going to say. "Really, we were just about to go to class but we had to pick up these balloons. Don't blame Scarlett this is my fault."

My uncle Danny looked at me, then back at Ross. "Scarlett, in my office. Ross, I'll deal with you later.

I picked my bag up off the ground and flung it around my shoulder.

"Bye Ross."

I followed my uncle and turned around to see that Ross was already gone.

"Thank you so much."

"Scarlett, if you like him.. Give him a chance.. Don't text me to come save you all the time.. And don't push him away.. I can tell he really cares about you."

I said nothing and we walked to his office in silence. is my uncle right?

(SCARLETT'S OUTFIT AND ROSS' GIFT IS ON THE SIDE!)