Chapter 1 - Why did I agree to this?

Scarlett -

"Why is this such a big deal?"I was sitting on my bed while Marissa went through my entire closet.

"It's a big deal to me Scar..I have to find you the peerrrfffeecccttt outfit."

I sighed and picked up my history book finishing my homework.. the homework that Rissa should be doing as well.

"You need a new wardrobe."

"What's wrong with the one I have?"

"it's too.. Peppy.. And so unlike you."

"What do you mean?"

She stopped going through my closet and walked over to me.

"Look at you Scarlett. You're a beautiful girl. With so many beautiful qualities and features. Your clothing hides those features." She sighed. "Scar, I love you. So much, but.. You're parents need to stop picking out all your outfits. You wear the same three things all the time because they're the cutest things you own. And you know that."

I sighed cause she was right.

"And, your parents still treat you like you're three.. Look at this!" She pulled out this ugly yellow sweater with cartoon flowers on it.

"You're.. Right.."

"Come on!" She grabbed my arm and then her purse.

"Where are we going."

"Shopping. We have 5 hours till the concert. That's enough time to buy you some new clothes!"

We got to the mall and this time, I was in control of all my choices. I finally got some outfits that did not look like it came from the kids department or the old ladies section. After a few hours of shopping we headed to my place and I tried everything on. Surprisingly my parents agreed that I needed some new stuff and accepted all of the outfits we had picked ! I was very very happy. For my concert attire I decided on. A tight black and white Aztec print crop top, a pleather skater skirt that went to a little above mid thigh, and these adorable platform heels. I straightened my hair and added a white flower crown.

"Look how cute we look!" Marissa said looking in the mirror.

"I guess we do." She could tell by my tone I wasn't too sure.

"You okay?"

"Yeah.. It's just.. It's different you know."

"Yeah I get it."

We stood there awkwardly for a bit.

"So, are you excited ?" Marissa broke the silence.

"Well.. I only know a few of there songs. So, not really."

She playfully shoved me. We talked for a bit until it was time to go. We hopped into Marissa's car and made our way to the venue. Since we got there pretty early, we were able to get our seats quick and easy. We had front row seats, slightly towards the side. Pretty good for my first concert. More people started showing up and taking there seats.. I really had to pee.

"Riss, I'll be back. I have to use the bathroom."

"Okay! Make it quick! The show is starting soon."

I quickly left my seat and made my way to the bathroom. This place was huge, I'm surprised I didn't get lost. I wonder how many other people have played here? I was snapped out of my thoughts when I hit something hard. I felt someone's arms grab me.

"Woah!"

A male voice rang through my ears. I looked up to see a tall blonde boy who was pretty attractive basically holding me. I started to infer that I bumped into him.

"I'm so so so sorry!"

"Nah, it's chill."

I started studying his features, he had pretty brownish-hazel eyes and a very cute smile. I then studied his outfit, which was a dark gray v-neck t-shirt and some black skinny jeans.

"I .. I was jut on my way to the bathroom.. I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's okay really."

He then let me go and I started walking away.

"Wait!"

I turned around to see him still standing there.

"You're not going to freak out?"

"Uhm.. No."

He looked confused. "Don't you know who I am?"

"N-no sorry.."

"Does Riker Lynch ring a bell?"

I shook my head.

"Who are you seeing tonight!"

"R5.. I think."

"Wow, at an R5 concert and doesn't even recognize the bass player."

Well, now I know who he is.

"Actually.. I'm here cause my friend Marissa wanted me to come.. I know a few songs.. Just, not the people in the band.. I'm sorry."

He just stood there staring at me.

"Uhm.. Imma.. Go pee now."

I ran towards the bathroom and quickly went into a stall. Boy, that was awkward..

(Scarlett's outfit is on the side)