Chapter 10 - Ross' house.

-Ross

School dragged on today. But in a way, I like school. I get to spend time with Scarlett and Marissa. In case you're wondering, I was going to ask Scarlett to the dance, but that bell interrupted me. When Amanda asked me, I knew it was the perfect time to ask Scar. Even if it did kind of force her into it... Which I feel bad about. But, I'll make it up to her. The final bell had rung and Marissa bolted. She said something about an appointment. So, it was just me and Scarlett. I walked with Scar to her locker.

"Uhm.. About the dance." I said looking down.

"No, it's okay.. I get it."

"You do?"

"Playing hard to get with Amanda."

I laughed.. Hard.

"Are you crazy?! Amanda is just some slut. A hit and quit. Simple."

She rolled her eyes. That's when I realize what I said.

"Shit! I-I didn't mean it like that! It's just... Ugh.. "

"How many girls have you slept with, Ross?"

"I don't know.. 80."

She slammed her locker shut and started walking away. I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Scarlett.. I'm sorry! But it's true. I slept with a lot of girls.. But I've changed honestly. As soon as I started school here I quit all that. And, I'm sorry I say all the wrong things around you. I don't know why.. Truth, I was actually going to ask you to the ball. Because.." Should I tell her the truth? "You and I are really good friends now, and I didn't really want to go with some girl I hardly knew." Great.. You lie and friend zone her. "Can you.. Give me another chance?"

She chuckled then looked down. "You're lucky we're.." She paused. "Friends."

I smiled and hugged her.

"What time do you have to be home?"

"I don't know why?"

"I want you to come over. Today. Stay for dinner. Meet my fam.. It'll be fun!"

"Ross I-"

I grabbed her arm and we ran to my car. We hopped in and laughed. I looked over to her and studied her features as she looked out the window. She's gorgeous. And this dress makes her eyes pop! I just want to kiss her. I want to hug her.. I want to make her mine... Okay.. I like Scarlett. but it's a different type of like.. It's like.. Firecrackers in my tummy. Like my heart is light and filled with... Love? Can't be. Is it? I've never experienced love before. She then looked at me and my thoughts were interrupted. I didn't know what to say so this blurred out:

"You look cute today. We'll you look cute everyday.. But.."

I stopped talking and continued driving thinking about what the hell I just said.

"Thank you, Ross."

I smiled to myself as we continued driving to my house. We talked about everything. I felt like I've known this girl forever even though it's only been a few days. Once we reached my house we both got out. I noticed her take a deep breath.

"Ready?"

"Mhm.." She looked down at the ground.

I grabbed her hand to make her feel a bit more comfortable. Pancake style she doesn't think I'm trying too hard.. Even though.. I am. She looked up at me and giggled. I smiled and lead her to the front door. I let go of her hand and put my key into the door and opened it.

- Scarlett.

We were immediately greeted by 5 people. They all looked familiar. Especially one I obviously knew.

"Scarlett?" I watched as he got up from the couch.

"Hi Ellington."

Ross knew we knew each other, but said nothing as everyone else introduced themselves.

"I'm Rydel!" The blonde said as she gave me an unexpected hug. "You look familiar.

"Cause she's the girl who ran off stage." Ellington laughed.

"Hush, El." I snared at him.

"Call me Ratliff, Scar."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm Rocky, and this is Riker and Ryland." They waved.

"Well, I know Riker."

He laughed and mimicked me. "I have to pee." He laughed again.

"Mhm.." I looked down.

I then felt a hand on my lower back. I looked to my side and saw it was Ross.

"So, this is some of the fam. Where's mom and dad?"

"Shopping." Rydel replied.

"Ah, okay."

I looked at everyone as the room filled with silence and all eyes were on me.

"So, you're the girl Ross has not shut up about?" Ryland said chucking.

I looked up at Ross who's face was beat red.

"Shut up Ryland!" He said while glaring at him.

I then saw Rydel hop off the couch and run toward me. "Come on!" She grabbed my hand and before I knew it I was being dragged up the stairs and into a huge pink and zebra bedroom.

"So, why am I in here?" I asked as I walked over to the bed.

"I just want to thank you."

"For what?"

"Let me explain." She sat down next to me patting my shoulder. "Once Ross was old enough to actually understand dating, things were never okay. Ross was 13 when he lost his virginity, and he's had over 10 steady girlfriends. He cheated on every one because what we said was a sex addiction."

I rolled my eyes. So much for liking Ross.

"But it wasn't a sex addiction. It was that he never felt love, with any of the girls. He was just trying and trying to find the right one. The second you showed up on stage, he felt sick to his stomach."

"Love sick." I said giggling sarcastically.

"BINGO!, anyway, he had cancelled dates with girls and he vowed never to be the asshole he used to be."

"Well, that's nice, but I don't think Ross loves me."

"Well he def likes you!" I started walking out if the room but her voice stopped me. "Do you like him?.."

I turned around and I could tell by the look in her eyes I could trust her. "I... Kinda do."

She smiled and followed me out of the room. We then walked down the stairs and into the living room where the guys were on the couch playing video games.

After spending a few hours at the Lynch's and having dinner, Ratliff drove me home since he was going the same way. Tonight was a lot of fun. These are some of the nicest people I have ever met, I honestly feel like I've known them my whole life. When I got home I thanked Rat for the liff (pun intended) and quickly jumped into the shower. After my shower I changed into my pajamas and laid in bed. I grabbed my phone and looked at the date : Febuary 12th. Ew. Valentines day is in 2 days. I rolled my eyes at the thought of it and began thinking about Ross and what Rydel told me. What if it's true? I sighed as I drifted off to sleep.