Chapter 37- Two years later

Scarlett—
I laid in my bed in my apartment just staring at the ceiling.. really questioning what I wanted to do with my life.. how I've been in college for almost 2 years now and I still can't find the right career path for me. I turn to my side and see a framed photo of me, Ross, Rydel, Rat, Rocky, and Riker and smiled. I focused on Ross' face.. he looked so happy.

In case you were wondering.. Ross and I broke up when I went to college. I was moving from LA to TX and he was going to be busy with his music and his acting.. It hurt us both but.. he's doing his thing. It's not all bad, Rydel is still my best friend, I talk to her everyday and spend all my time with her whenever I'm back in LA, and I see and talk to the other boys as well.. as for Ross, we see each other in passing, share a "hey" or a "hi" and go on with our lives like you would with anyone you were acquainted with in high school. Only, Ross and I weren't acquaintances, we were in love so it's a bit awkward.

As for his professional career, I don't follow it. I don't go to shows in TX or LA even if Rydel invites me, I don't watch the films, the Netflix shows, I just don't do it. It hurts to much and I just feel that it's best to keep my distance since distance was the reason we called it off in the first place. Ross and I had a great 2 year relationship.

I heard he's dating a model now.. someone named Courtney Eaton or whatever. There's also been some rumors that they're not together anymore and there's so many people shipping him with Kiernan Shipka, the star of the new Netflix show "the chilling adventures of Sabrina" where Ross is her love interest.. and he's A BRUNETTE NOW! Can you believe it?! It's kinda crazy how only 2 years can really change everything.

My alarm finally goes off and I know I need to start packing. I'm heading to LA for Halloween, Rydel invited me to a huge Halloween party that she's throwing I guess. I asked if Ross was going to be there and she told me that she honestly didn't know but I sucked up my pride and told her I would go anyway.

I got up and just threw on some leggings and a long tee shirt, I didn't bother with my hair or makeup since I was going to be sitting on a plane for quite some time and I quickly finished packing up. By the time I was done I heard a beep outside my place, I grabbed my stuff and ran outside.

"Hey trev"

Trevor is a guy in my marketing class, we became pretty close the last few years, he's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met.. why must all the good ones be gay?

"Let's go girl, we got to get you to that air port so you can see ya man back in LA."

I rolled my eyes.

Yes it's been so long since I've been with Ross but, I honestly haven't been with anyone else, a few dates here and there with a few guys from classes, but Ross is still the only guy I've ever done anything with.. I still love him.. moving on is hard.

"How are you feeling about heading back to LA?" Trevor looked a bit concerned about me.

"I'm okay.. I just.. I don't know it's been so long since I've seen anyone. I miss Rydel like crazy."

"Just Rydel?" He winked

I playfully pushed his arm. "I miss the boys too."

"And by boys do you mean??" He laughed

"Yes I miss Ross, you dipshit."

"Oh, I know sweety."

I let out a sigh, "Ross and I went our separate ways a long time ago, he's dated a model, and who else knows. Hey, he might even be back in his bad boy ways. We haven't really talked."

"Well, you better get to talking."

Trev has shipped Ross and I from the moment he saw us on Instagram together. He's a huge R5 fan and has known about me since day 1, way before I even met him.

Incase you're wondering.. I got recognized a lot during my first year here, it eventually faded since I was no longer relevant in the lynch world considering I was no longer in any instagram or twitter posts by Ross, some by Rydel, but I guess my "15 mins of fame" from dating Ross are over. People don't know who I am anymore, back to being a nobody.

Trevor helped me get my suitcase out of the car and gave me a big hug before he drove off after leaving me at the airport entrance. I walked inside, boarding pass in my hand, ready to make my way back to LA.

I wonder who knows I'm coming.. I wonder who's excited.. I wonder if he misses me like I miss him..

Before I knew it I was boarding my plane and headed to LA.

Ross—

I took a sip of my whiskey as Rydel came running down the stairs dressed up like she was going somewhere.

"Drinking at 8am?"

"Hey, can't blame me for wanting to take the edge off a little bit."

She shook her head, "when are you going to face reality Ross?"

"What even is reality?"

Rydel's face went red, I could tell she wanted to punch me.. but she didn't. Instead she sighed and walked to the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Why are you all dressed up?" I looked her up and down.

"No reason." She smirked

"Rydel, what are you up to?"

"Nothing!" She looked at the time. "Oh shit I gotta go."

"Where are you going?" I was kind of concerned since she seemed like she was in such a hurry.

"I gotta pick up Scarlett at the airport."

"Oh.. hav- wait did you say.."

"Yeah, Scarlett.. she's visiting for the week, going to stay for the Halloween party."

My mouth hung wide open and I stared at Rydel intensely.

"Close your mouth you'll catch flies."

And with that she grabbed her keys and walked out the door.

It's been so long since I've seen Scarlett.. I haven't even tried to reach out to her.. I bet she's still beautiful as ever.. probably dating some rich smart college guy.. someone way better than I'll ever be..

I looked at my glass and got up and dumped the whiskey down the drain.

I'm not going to be like this in front of Scarlett, I need to act like..  I'm doing great, that I'm happy..

No.. I need to show her that I still love her.