Chapter 37

The rest of the night went smoothly as the guests watched Brooke and James cut a piece of cake, share a toast and chat with the rest of their guests.

Brooke and James had made up, realizing that their argument was petty and immature. Brooke politely explained to James that she didn't have feelings for Scott and that she loved him and only him. James believed her and dropped the argument, not wanting to hurt their relationship anymore.

The talk of Scott being dragged out of the house by the FBI had almost disappeared except for a few guests here and there that would whisper about it when Brooke wasn't around.

Currently, Brooke was upstairs changing into a honeymoon dress while James was in another room, changing into a different outfit.

When Brooke was done, she pulled her hair down, her long hair now in waves that fell over her shoulders and down her back

When Brooke was done, she pulled her hair down, her long hair now in waves that fell over her shoulders and down her back. She also changed her shoes, putting on a pair of nude Louboutin pumps.

Brooke walked out of the room and down the stairs to the reception area where the guests were waiting for her. When they saw her, some gasped and others gave disproving looks.

"Is he still upstairs?" Brooke asked Natasha. She nodded her head before pointing to the top of the stairs.

Brooke whipped around and looked at the top of the stairs where James began to walked down the stairs.

When he saw her, he paused, a smile forming on his lips.

He wore a cream colored button down shirt with a dark blue blazer and matching trousers with brown loafers.

When he got to the bottom of the stairs, Brooke greeted him with a kiss.

"You ready?" He asked softly.

Brooke nodded her head before glancing around for her father, hoping to say one last goodbye.

When she spotted him, she rushed over to him, embracing him in one last hug.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Her father asked when she pulled away.

"No but I'm sure Natasha and Gia do. I'm guessing he told them so they could pack my bags." Brooke stated as she rolled her eyes with a smile on her lips.

"Well wherever it is, be safe. You have no idea how much I worry about you when you're at college, imagine when you're somewhere across the world."

Brooke chuckled before taking a step back.

"I'll be safe. I promise. Love you, dad." She murmured softly before walking away towards Natasha and Gia.

"You know, as my bestfriends, you're obligated to tell me where I'm going." She spoke in a teasing voice.

Natasha let out a laugh and Gia grinned.

"Not if your husband tells us not to!" Gia added.

"You guys are no fun!" Brooke shot back before the trio erupted into laughter, then proceeding to hug each other.

"Two weeks is not that long but when you get back, we need a girls night!" Natasha murmured into Brooke's ear before they all pulled away from the embrace.

"Ok, deal." Brooke agreed with a short laugh.

"I'll see you guys when I get back!"

Brooke walked outside to the front of the house, several guests following to see what was taking them to the airport.

Brooke gasped as a white Mercedes SLS AMG pulled up, a large red bow on the hood. The drivers side door opened up, gull-wing style, and James got out, a huge grin on his face.

"Remember when you were telling me just how much you wanted one of these? Well consider it my wedding present to you." He stated softly.

Several people awwed behind them as Brooke squealed, kissed James on the lips, then ran carefully towards the car, taking in it's beauty.

"Ugh, I can't believe you got me this! How did you pay for it?" Brooke asked after a moment of examining the car.

James shrugged as a huge smile formed on his lips.

"Had some extra cash lying around." He responded cooly.

Brooke suddenly wrapped her arms around him, pulling him closer to her.

"I love it so much. Thank you." She murmured into his neck.

James climbed into the driver's seat and Brooke got into the passenger's seat. She took one last glance at him but he continued to stare at her.

"You ready?"

Brooke stared at the guests standing outside, gawking and smiling at the couple inside the car.

"Uh yeah." She muttered quietly. Secretly, she wasn't ready and it scared the hell out of her to be leaving everyone behind to start her own life with James but then again, she deserved it.

Brooke has been through hell and back when it came to her relationship with Scott and when she began dating James, it was like a breath of fresh air. She felt free. She felt alive!

The car started to move slowly, only a fraction of the power it truly held could be hear from the soft hum of the engine.

Guests waved goodbye and smiled at Brooke and James as they slowly drove by. When they had passed all of the guests, James stomped on the gas, the car lurching forward, reaching 60 miles per hour within a few seconds.

As they drove down the street and towards the interstate, the car picked up speed, now weaving it's way through traffic at 80 mph.

As the car whipped past every other vehicle on the road, Brooke's thoughts were the only thing that she could focus on.

Brooke knew that life with James could be perfect. It would be!

But she couldn't quite convince herself of that. She had her entire life planned out and when Scott appeared, her life was thrown into a tornado of secrets and danger and lies. Her life was thrown off course but she wasn't unhappy. It wasn't what she wanted but she was still happy and that's all that mattered to her. At the time.

When she met James, it was the same way but she felt free. Even though she was in love with a former criminal, it still excited her. It was dangerous as hell considering the risks that came along with that but she loved it. She loved him.

And that is what made her fall in love with him.

Not his undeniably good looks or his charming words but the way he looked at her and how he treated her. Not that it was any different from Scott, but it felt different.

Two men, both unique, had fallen in love with her and in the end, she'd chosen the one who was the best for her. Scott was either the best thing, or the worst thing for her and at the moment, he was the worst.

James had always promised to be there for Brooke, to defend her, even if it meant that they both could get hurt. He stuck with her through all of her rough times and he even gave up thousands of dollars a year just so that her father could keep his job.

All in all, Scott was her first true love but James was the one she would spend the rest of her life with. She was madly in love with him and although their romance wasn't as adventurous as her and Scott's, it still meant more.

James was the love of her life and he still is. He always will be. James is the better man.

And Brooke couldn't wait to spend the rest of her life with the man she loved the most.