Chapter 25

Brooke was escorted down the hall to the room that Scott was supposedly in. James followed behind and planned on going in with Brooke as moral support.

When they stopped at the door, the two men from before, flashed an I.D. and the door unlocked. They gestured for Brooke and James to go in and reluctantly, they did.

Although Brooke expected to see Scott, she was not prepared for what she actually saw. Scott and Tanya, cuffed to an iron table on either sides of the room, separated by a wall of glass.

Scott slowly raised his head and when he made eye contact with Brooke, his face fell.

"Look what the cat dragged in." He stated in a raspy voice as he glanced between Brooke and James.

"I'd say it's good to see you but, it's not." James hissed. Scott let out a low chuckle before standing up, the chains connected to the handcuffs rattling with each movement.

"God himself can't help you now. I guess you should've listened when we begged you to come back home but I guess you were too busy frolicking with the bitch next door." Brooke snapped.

Scott eyed Brooke, taking in her new appearance.

"You've changed. Alot." Scott murmured. Brooke scoffed before glaring at him.

"Well I'm happy now. Or atleast I was before you dragged us into this mess." Brooke clapped back before walking towards the table and taking a seat, James soon following after.

"You don't have to be apart of this! Just go! Get out of here and be happy!"

Brooke rolled her eyes before crossing her arms.

"Don't you get it! You screwed this up for us! Because we actually cared about you, we flew to Russia to bring you home but we all know how that turned out. And then you got caught and you're going to drag us down with you!" Brooke sneered.

"Us?" Scott questioned. Then suddenly, light reflected off of the engagement ring on Brooke's finger, catching his attention.

"Ohhh..." Scott muttered before chuckling once more.

"I'm happy. We're happy. So do whatever the hell you need to keep us out of this and continue your happy life with that Russian bitch. God knows you love her more than you ever did me but hey, I guess that worked out for both of us!" Brooke retorted as she held up her left hand, showcasing the ring once more.

Scott was taken aback my Brooke's outburst. It seemed as thought she'd completely moved on, planning a life with his former best friend.

"Let's go." Brooke commanded, pulling James towards the door before taking one last glance back at Scott.

"Don't ever contact me and don't bother coming back to Peshtigo."

And with that, Brooke stormed out of the room. She walked back to the room where they were having the meeting. Thomas had a smug smile on his face as he stared at a computer screen.

"Well, that was something!" He stated before clapping his hands once, holding them together as he stared at Brooke.

"What else do you want to know?" Brooke asked in an agitated voice.

Thomas stared at her with a blank expression.

"Everything."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

It had been almost two hours as Brooke and James both confessed everything to Thomas. He didn't say much except for snarky comments here and there but that was it.

"Well the investigation will be ongoing for a while but for now, yo are free to leave. We'll contact you again when both of their trials are set up. It was a pleasure speaking with both of you." Thomas explained as he shook James' hand, then Brooke's.

"Likewise. I just hope that both of their sentences are decent. More so Tanya's but Scott should suffer a bit too." James stated in a harsh voice.

After chatting for a bit longer, Brooke and James both left. They were cleared from the investigation but they did agree to testify against Scott and Tanya.

When Brooke and James got back to the hotel, Brooke still couldn't believe the events of today. It wasn't surreal in her mind and she was having trouble believing everything that was going on.

"The entire time today, I kept glancing down at this ring, telling myself that we're gonna get through this and that I'll be able to marry you some day and it's finally going to happen." Brooke confessed as she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face into his chest.

James smiled at the thought of marrying Brooke, seeing her in a white dress, getting to kiss her and share his last name with her.

"God I can't wait to marry you." James murmured as he rested his head on top of Brooke's.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

A few days later, Brooke was back on campus. Her and James had parted ways, him going back to Peshtigo and her going back to college.

Of course, when Brooke showed up, Gia wanted to know what happened. And Brooke told her.

Gia was horrified at first but was glad that Brooke got out of the trouble she was in. Gia had no idea how messed up the situation truly was because Brooke only told her part of the story, lying about some parts since it was still an ongoing investigation.

Brooke was watching tv earlier and saw that multiple new corporations had gotten ahold of the story about Scott and Tanya. It was everywhere and Brooke was just waiting for the day when she would see her and James on tv as they testified against the two.

Testifying against Scott wasn't something Brooke saw herself doing but she was done with his bullshit. It seemed as though he was doing all of this for a reason but Brooke couldn't figure out what. Or why. All she knew was that it was a never ending game and she had lost once. She chose to testify because she didn't want to play his games anymore.

Brooke never thought she'd hear herself say, let alone think, these thoughts but tonight, she found herself abiding by them.

Brooke was completely and utterly sick and tired of Scott.