Chapter 2

*Natasha^*

As Brooke stormed towards the parking lot, the man continued to follow her.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked, suddenly behind her.

"No you've done enough for me today. I'll just take the bus  something." Brooke mumbled. The guy laughed behind her. Brooke whipped around and glared at him.

"What?" She snapped as she pulled the towel tighter around her body.

"It's just, getting on a bus in nothing but a swimsuit is not the safest thing to do." He stated, gesturing to Brooke's body.

Brooke crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

"And getting in a car with you, a total stranger, is?" She countered.

"This 'total stranger' saved your life so I think that I'm worthy of atleast taking you home." He responded. Brooke stared at him before throwing her hands up in defeat.

"I don't even know your name!" She exclaimed. A smirk formed on his face as he then held his hand out.

"Scott Evans."

Brooke eyed his hand before putting hers out to shake his.

"Brooke Eastwood."

A smile formed on the man's face as they both continued to walk towards the parking lot. Soon, Brooke was following him to where ever his car was. Once they stopped, it was in front of a blue Ford Mustang.

Scott unlocked the doors with the remote and they both got in

Scott unlocked the doors with the remote and they both got in. After starting up the car, he was backing out and exiting the parking lot.

"So where do you live?" He asked suddenly. Brooke looked over at him and replied.

"Peshtigo."

Scott's eyes widened and he glanced over at Brooke.

"You drove almost two hours just to come to the beach?" He asked in a shocked tone. Brooke nodded her head and gave him a simple "yep."

The next half hour was silent as Brooke looked out the window at everything going by.

"So I'm assuming you live in Sheboygan?"

Scott looked over at her with furrowed brows.

"No. I uh live in Marinette."

Brooke looked over at him with wide eyes.

"You drove over two hours just to go to the beach?" She asked in a mocking tone.

Scott laughed at Brooke's joke and looked over at her.

"Some things are just worth it." He stated softly while still staring at Brooke. She gave him a shy smile before turning her head back towards the window.

One hour later, the car rolled up the Brooke's house and stopped in the driveway.

"Thank You... for saving me and for.. The ride home."

Scott chuckled and looked at her.

"It wasn't a problem." He replied with that gorgeous smile. Brooke pulled on the door handle and got out of the car. She walked up to the front porch before turning around and waving. Through the tinted windshield, she could see Scott wave back before backing out of the driveway and disappearing down her street.

Brooke entered her house and dropped her bag on the kitchen table before going to her bedroom. She checked her phone to see a dozen texts from Natasha apologizing for what happened at the beach. Reluctantly, Brooke messages her back.

It's fine. Just forget about it. I'll talk to you later.

Brooke shut her phone off and fell onto her bed with a smile. Who the hell was Scott and why did she find herself drawn to him all of a sudden?

Later that day, Brooke got on Skype with Natasha and told her about her encounter with Scott. Natasha was glad that he saved Brooke but couldn't help expressing her feelings about him.

"I don't know... He just gave off some weird vibes. I'm probably just paranoid." Natasha admitted before rolling her eyes. In the distance, Brooke heard the front door open and her father call her name.

"I gotta go. My dad's home." She stated before shutting the laptop and rushing out of her room to greet her father.

"Hey how was the beach?" He asked as he took off his belt and put his gun in the lockbox in the hallway closet. Brooke's father was a police officer in their small little town. It was the only thing he'd ever wanted to do since he'd turned 18 and that's exactly what he's been doing for the last 24 years of his life.

"It was ok. I ended up leaving after a bit though because I didn't feel good." Brooke lied. She didn't know if she was ready to tell her that a handsome stranger saved her life after she got stranded in the middle of the lake. If she did, he's want to meet him and know everything about him and Brooke didn't need her father scaring him off.

Brooke helped her father make dinner that night and they chatted about the upcoming school year. It was already decided that Brooke was going to the local high school but they still talked about what classes she wanted to take.

By 11 o'clock, Brooke was laying in bed scrolling through Instagram when a light flashed through her window. She thought nothing of it and assumed that it was just a car passing by but when something hit her window, she quickly got up and grabbed the pistol from her nightstand before running to the corner furthest from the window.

Brooke could see a shadow of a person outside her window as they attempted to slide the window open. When they did, they quietly climbed through the window and into Brooke's bedroom.

Brooke cocked the gun and aimed it at the person.

"You got some nerve breaking into a police officers home, let alone his daughter's bedroom." Brooke sneered. The person held his hands up in surrender before turning around to face Brooke.

"Don't shoot." He commanded her as he walked towards her before stopping below her ceiling fan and pulling the cord to turn the light on.

The light illuminated his face and as Brooke realized who it was, she lowered her gun.

"Darien?"