Chapter 3

"What the hell are you doing breaking into my house? You know, I have half a nerve to go get my father. How do you think he'll react when he finds the guy who broke his little girl's heart, breaking into her bedroom at night?" Brooke snapped. Darien took a few steps towards her before cupping her face with his hands.

"I want you to get back together with me." He murmured softly. Brooke looked at him with a horrified expression.

"Wow! You're fucking delusional, you know that? Why don't you go back to that skank you cheated on me with? 'Cause I ain't taking you back!" Brooke snapped.

"Micha ran off. When she found out I was dating someone, she didn't want any part of it. I haven't seen her since!" Darien explained as he attempted to defend himself.

Brooke raised the gun and pointed it st Darien's head.

"Get out. Now." Darien backed away and walked towards the window he came in before turning and looking at Brooke.

"I hope you'll still consider my offer."

"Yeah! When hell freezes over!" She sneered before Darien jumped out the window, running towards his car and driving off.

Brooke shut the window and locked it before climbing into bed. Today had been a somewhat decent day but as soon as Darien came into the picture, it all went to shit.

Brooke could not stop thinking about Scott and his voice. Everything he'd said and done replayed over and over in her head until she finally fell asleep.

The next day, Brooke woke up to the sun shining through her blinds. She got up and got dressed in a white t-shirt and dark blue distressed denim shorts. She slid on a pair of gold sandals and a gold watch before brushing her hair, leaving it naturally straight.

When she walked downstairs, her father was already gone, probably because it was ten o'clock in the morning.

Brooke texted Natasha and asked if she wanted to do anything. Of course, Natasha suggested going to the mall.

Natasha's family had alot of money so Natasha was always shopping or buying new things. Brooke on the other hand, was not. Her father made a pretty good amount of money but they both learned to save it and not spend it on useless things.

After eating breakfast, Brooke grabbed her purse and cellphone and headed out the door. She stopped, however, when she saw a blue Mustang in her driveway behind her car.

Scott was just getting out of his car when Brooke saw him.

"Hi..." She spoke as he noticed she had caught him.

"Hey. I apologize for showing up like this but after I dropped you off yesterday, I found your sunglasses in my car. Figured you'd want them back." He stated as he handed them to her. Brooke smiled and thanked him.

"Going somewhere?" He asked referring to Brooke's nice attire.

"Oh! Yeah um Natasha and I are going shopping." She replied. Scott nodded his head and turned around, gesturing to his car.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked with a slight smile forming at his lips. Brooke chuckled and pointed at her 1969 Chevrolet Camaro sitting in the driveway.

"I do have my own car."

Scott gazed at the car in fascination.

"A classic. Nice. I figured you as someone who'd be more interested in a Mercedes." He stated with a smirk.

"Well then I guess you don't know me." Brooke challenged with a sly smile.

"Then enlighten me."

Brooke stared at him with a blank face.

"I um... really have to get going. Natasha is gonna wonder where I am." Brooke stated abruptly, ruining the awkward tension between the two.

"Ok well I'll see you around, ok?" Scott noted. Brooke nodded her head and got in her car. She put the key in the ignition and started it up but the engine only stuttered. She tried again but nothing happened.

"Damn it!" She cursed to herself. Brooke got out of the car and ran down to the end of the driveway just as Scott was driving off.

He rolled down his window and waited for her to speak.

"About that ride..."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

"Thanks for the ride." Brooke spoke as Scott stared ahead at the road.

"Yeah. No problem." He responded with a chuckle.

"I just don't know what happened. I just took it to a repair shop a week ago to get it tuned up and then today, it wouldn't start." Brooke whined. She was really hoping she could get it fixed soon because she didn't want Scott hauling her around everywhere. It's not that she didn't enjoy being in his presence but it was just awkward being with him. Alone.

The car stopped and Brooke realized that they were in front of the mall. She glanced around and saw Natasha sitting on a bench, staring down at her phone.

Brooke got out and shut the door before Scott rolled down the window.

"Here's my number in case you need another ride." He asserted as he handed her a sticky note with a bunch of numbers scribbled on it.

"Thanks. I'll see you later."

"Do you want me to drive you home later?" He offered. Brooke shook her head and gestured to Natasha.

"Natasha will give me a ride home later... Bye." Brooke backed away from his car and walked towards Natasha. Brooke took one more glance behind her to see Scott speeding away, the exhaust growling as the car accelerated.

Natasha looked at her with a confused expression.

"Who was that?"

"The guy who saved me yesterday." Brooke admitted with a sly smile.

Natasha giggled and stood up.

"So now you guys are friends?" She asked.

"I guess. I was about to leave a while ago to meet you here but my car didn't start and he had showed up to return my pair of sunglasses that I'd left in his car yesterday. He then offered to give me a ride and I accepted."

Natasha shook her head.

"I don't know Brooke. Something about him is just... off."

"You're just crazy. Come on let's go." Brooke concluded as she pulled her friend into one of the dozen clothing stores they'd visit that day.