Chapter 35

Brooke, James and the rest of the guests headed inside where the wedding reception was being held.

So far, everything was going smooth.

Brooke and James were in the middle of the dance floor, sharing their first dance as a married couple.

Brooke's head rested on James' shoulder as they slowly moved around the room, every person watching them.

"I've waited ten years to marry you, Mrs. Lancor." James murmured softly.

Brooke let out a breath of air before lifting her head off of James' shoulder, smirking at him.

Brooke then leaned in, gently pressing her lips to his. When she pulled away, a smile tugged at his lips.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." Brooke stated softly.

When the song was over, Brooke and James walked to each guest's table and thanked them for being here, chatted for a few minutes, then moved on to the next table.

Brooke was talking to Natasha's parents so she didn't notice James staring off in the distance at something.

"I'll be right back, love." He reported before quickly walking away towards the front door. Brooke paused no mind and assumed that it was someone he wanted to talk to urgently so she just continued to chat with Natasha's parents.

"Do you mind if I borrow my daughter real quick?" A voice asked from behind her. Brooke whipped around to see her father staring at her before gently pulling her along towards the dance floor where they danced to a slow song.

"Now what am I gonna do without you around the house anymore?"

Brooke chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Me and James are gonna finish college first before we buy a house together. And we're staying right here so I won't be too far away." Brooke asserted.

When the song was finished, Brooke glanced around, trying to find James but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Excuse me for a moment." Brooke walked towards the front door where James had exited and when she got outside, she looked around for him.

She walked around the wrap-around porch and saw James harshly whispering at someone.

"James?"

James whipped around and when he did so, the person's identity was revealed.

"Scott?!"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Brooke snapped as James walked over to her side, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"He showed up here, spewing some nonsense about you guys being soulmates." James admitted.

Scott stared at Brooke as her heart vegan pounding inside her chest as she wondered if he had said anything about their one night stand.

"Yeah, well it's complete and utter bullshit!" Brooke sneered.

The look of hurt that developed in Scott's eyes could not be masked but Brooke didn't care. Of course she cared about him but she wasn't going to risk causing a scene at her own wedding.

"You need to leave!" Brooke commanded as she pointed towards the stairs of the porch.

Scott raised an eyebrow at her before taking a few steps forward, now only a couple inches from Brooke.

"Don't tell me that you don't feel a connection." He murmured as he raised his hand before gently stroking her cheek.

In one swift movement, James swatted at Scott's hand before putting the same hand on his chest and shoving him back.

"Kelp your hands off of my wife!"

A smirk tugged at the corner of Scott's lips but failed to form. Instead, Scott began to speak again.

"That's ironic since she couldn't keep her hands off of me in Vegas!"

James posture stiffened and Brooke's eyes widened as they both stared at Scott, bewildered by what he'd just confessed.

"Excuse me?!" James shouted.

Scott chuckled and took a step forward, as did James.

"Oh yeah, she was all over me. But in her defense, she was a little tipsy but nevertheless, she was really amazing in bed!" Scott hissed.

James glanced down at Brooke, who looked at him with pleading eyes, tears quickly forming in her eyes.

"See! She can't even deny it!"

James glared at Scott before he finally lost his temper and threw a punch at Scott, his fist colliding with Scott's jaw.

Scott fell over, grasping his jaw and rubbing it before glaring up at James. He quickly stood up and stormed after James, throwing a punch but missing.

As the two continued to hit each other, some missing but some hitting each other with brute force, Brooke watched in horror as blood began to form on each guy's face.

"Guys! Stop it! Please!" Brooke screamed as she clutched her chest.

As they continued to fight, Brooke's father and a dozen guests came outside to see what the commotion was about.

"Hey! You two! Knock it off!" Brooke's father bellowed as he stormed towards the two men who continued to fight, grabbing Scott by the collar of his shirt and shoving him away from James.

"Screw you! Don't you ever come near her again!" James barked before attempting to go after Scott again but failing as Brooke's father shoved him back, pointing a finger at him.

"Don't!"

By now, Brooke had tears falling down her face and Natasha and Gia came to her aid, alerted of the fight that was occurring outside.

"What the hell happened?" Gia asked as she took in the bloodied appearance of the two men and Brooke's shaken up appearance.

"Get her out of here!" James commanded.

Gia paused for a moment but complied as her and Natasha pulled Brooke away from the scene, guests gossiping about what happened.

When Natasha and Gia got Brooke upstairs to a bedroom, they stared at her, waiting for an explanation.

"Scott showed up and him and James got into an argument about my... involvement with Scott." Brooke explained through hiccups.

Natasha and Gia glanced at each other, wondering if either of them knew what she was talking about but since neither of them did, they directed their attention back to Brooke as she began to explain further.

"When we were in Vegas, I met Scott. He pulled me out of the club and drove me back to the hotel as I was smashed. When we got there, I was so drunk and I..." Brooke trailed off.

Gia raised an eyebrow and when Brooke didn't say anything she spoke.

"You what?!" She snapped.

"I had sex with him!"