Chapter 33

"What the hell are you doing here?" She screeched. The thought of him raping her ran through her mind and it terrified her.

Brooke began to back up as Scott walked into the bedroom.

"Calm down! I'll explain everything... just please remain calm!" Scott stated as he raised his hands in defense.

"Calm down?! I woke up naked! And I can't remember anything!" Brooke screamed. Scott sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Wait! How did you know that I was in Las Vegas?" Brooke asked suddenly.

Scott stared at her as if he was waiting for her to catch on and when she did, she looked furious.

"Were you spying on me?!" She shrieked.

"Brooke-" Scott began but soon stopped as Brooke ran to the bathroom, locking herself inside.

"Brooke... open the door!" Scott commanded as he pounded on the door. Brooke sat on the floor up against the door, listening to Scott's commands as she tried to remember what happened last night.

"Brooke! Open this God damn door!"

"Brooke, if you don't open this dood, so help me God, I'll break it down!"

Brooke began to sob quietly as Scott got angrier and angrier, pounding on the door, shouting at her.

Brooke stood up and backed away from the door as Scott began to kick it.

"Scott! Please! You're scaring me!" Brooke cried out as Scott began to kick the door, harder and harder.

Upon hearing the sound of Brooke's terrified voice, Scott stopped. She was actually terrified of him. He had literally inflicted fear into her as she was already afraid of what had happened last night.

Scott leaned his forehead against the door and with a sigh, he spoke.

"I'm sorry... please, just come out so we can talk about this."

Brooke hesitated but after a long moment of silence, she reluctantly opened the door.

A smile tugged at the corner of Scott's lips as Brooke stared at him, waiting for an explanation.

"Where do you want me to begin?" Scott asked.

"How about the part where you showed up at the club last night. I can't seem to remember much after that."

Scott nodded and walked towards the bedroom where he sat on the bed while Brooke stood in front of him with her arms crossed.

"Ok well...."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

An hour later, Brooke knew everything that had happened last night, in detail. Even when she had sex with Scott.

"I understand if you want to call the FBI but you should know why I escaped in the first place." Scott stated. Brooke's eyebrows furrowed together as she waited for him to explain.

"I needed to see you. I needed to tell you how I really felt because the last time we saw each other, it was only for five minutes and I didn't have enough time to tell you but now I do."

"Brooke, I'm in love with you and I want you to choose me over him. I know that seems selfish but it's true. I've loved you ever since I saw you at the lake and I will love you until I die. I know that deep down, you still have feelings for me and I hope that one day, you can acknowledge them, for my sake."

Brooke stared at Scott with a blank face. She had no idea how to react to this.

"Scott... I love you too but... I can't forget about all the things you have done to me! You caused me pain both mentally and emotionally and that takes a while to get over!"

"I mean, James... He was there when you weren't. And he helped me through the depression and showed me what life was like without you and that's where I learned to live without being so dependant on you." Brooke added.

Scott's face fell as she stated this.

"I still love you and I don't think I can ever shake that feeling but I also can't fall in love with you all over again. Not when I'm in love with James." Brooke added once more.

"Do you regret it?" James asked bluntly. Brooke furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Do you regret last night?" James asked again. Brooke's face stayed unreadable as she tried to come up with an answer but failed.

"You should probably go. My friends are gonna be here soon and they'll wonder why I'm harboring a fugitive in our hotel room." Brooke stated as she desperately tried to change the subject.

Brooke stood up and began walking towards the door but Scott's voice stopped her.

"So am I."

Brooke turned around and stared at him in disbelief.

"Why are you protecting me. The Brooke that I saw in that court room would've called the cops as soon as she woke up this morning but... you didn't."

Brooke didn't know what to say so she just stood there. When she did manage to find the right words, she began to speak.

"Because, deep down, I still care. Just because I'm not in love with you does not mean that I don't care. I'll always care." Brooke stated in a firm voice.

Scott's eyes maintained a hold on Brooke's eyes, never stopping his gaze until she sighed.

She looked anywhere but at him as she walked towards the door, holding it open as a gesture for him to leave.

Scott slowly walked towards the door, stopping in front of Brooke.

"I'm sorry." He murmured softly before Brooke glanced up at him, her eyes finally meeting his.

"Me too."

A smile tugged at the corner of Scott's lips but he didn't dare let it take full form.

"I love you Brooke. Take care of yourself." Scott stated before gently pressing his lips to her forehead.

When he pulled away, he stared into her eyes as he stroked the back of her head.

Finally, he stepped out of the hotel room but Brooke stopped him before he finally left.

"The answer to your question from earlier,"

"If I regretted last night?" She added.

Scott patiently waited for Brooke to answer the question, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"No. No I do not regret last night."

Scott stared at her, shock running through his mind although his face did not show it. He stood there, staring at her before she slowly shut the door in his face.