Chapter 16

Graduation Day

Brooke and Natasha both got ready at Brooke's house. Their hair and makeup was the same as senior pictures but their outfits were completely different.

Natasha wore a red bodycon dress with a U neckline that draped down with extra fabric. The straps wrapped around her neck and the dress stopped at fingertip length. For shoes, she wore the same black Louboutins that Brooke had worn yesterday.

 For shoes, she wore the same black Louboutins that Brooke had worn yesterday

Brooke wore a beige bodycon dress that stopped a few inches above her knees. It had thicker straps and looked perfect for her body type. With it, she wore black strappy heels and her black leather jacket in case she got cold.

When they were ready to go, Brooke went downstairs and told her father goodbye since he'd be coming at a later time

Brooke got into Natasha's car after her and they were soon backing out of the driveway, going to school for the last time until college.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

When Natasha parked she glanced over at Brooke before getting out.

"Is it bad that I'm already having nostalgia?" She asked with a short giggle. Brooke laughed and shook her head.

"No, not at all. I'm feeling the same way. Some of our best memories were created in this hell hole." Brooke confessed in a joking manner towards the end.

Natasha grabbed her hand and they both walked into the school together. Following the instructions, they headed towards the auditorium where the ceremony would be held.

Both Natasha and Brooke sat in the same row but not next to each other considering the formation was in alphabetical order by last name.

Once the ceremony started, starting with last names beginning with A, students were called up one by one to shake hands with the principal and take ahold of their diplomas.

When it got to the letter E, Brooke was the second person to be called up. Her heels clicked on the floor as she walked across the stage, shook hands with her principal, took her diploma and left the stage while stealing a glance towards the audience to see her father smiling wildly. He truly was proud of her and all that she had accomplished and at that moment, she felt a slight pang of guilt because she knew that she'd have to leave him for a while to go find Scott.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Two hours later, every green and white clad student had received their diplomas and were currently meeting up with friends and family at an after party held by Natasha's parents at their house.

Brooke's father drove her over there as he was also going to stay and chat with the other parents as well.

When they got there, Brooke saw dozens of cars parked in the large driveway and on the street. When she got out, she couldn't hear anything but as soon as her and her father entered the home, there was a mild hum from people talking and music was being played in the backyard where most of the students resided.

Brooke maneuvered her way through the crowd of parents and teenagers until she found Natasha talking to a few people. She was still wearing her cap but her gown was nowhere to be seen. Presumably, she returned it as that was an option or, you could buy it if you want to keep it as memorabilia.

"Hey! I'm so glad you could make it!" Natasha exclaimed as Brooke leaned in for a hug. Brooke pulled away and smiled at her.

"Yeah, of course! I wouldn't miss it!"

A few minutes went by as Natasha and Brooke went around, chatting amongst groups of students before Brooke felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and it was none other than Darien.

"What are you doing here? This isn't your graduation party!" Brooke sneered. He glanced down at his shoes then back up at her with a solemn expression.

"I know. I just wanted to say congratulations."

"Well now you've said it." Brooke clapped back. Darien chuckled at her attitude.

"So how's it going? Your father told my father that your boyfriend left a couple weeks ago and isn't coming back. Is that true?"

Brooke couldn't believe he had the audacity to try and chat with her about Scott as if he was much better than him. Darien would never be better than Scott. Ever.

"Don't you dare speak about him like that again! Now get the fuck outta here!" Brooke hissed as she fought tears. She blinked them away because she didn't want Darien seeing how he'd gotten to her.

Darien chuckled at her remark, clearly not fazed by it.

"You see, at least I got caught cheating. He didn't. Now I'd like to bet, the reason he left, was because he had some other chick in another state who he loved even more than you!"

Brooke stood there, horrified by what just came out of his mouth. Without thinking, Brooke's hand lifted from the side of her body and collided with the side of his cheek. His head snapped to the side, an effect of the impact her hand had on his face.

Darien rubbed his cheek although it was already red. He glared at her and was about to say something when someone spoke up behind her.

"Is this child bothering you, Brooke?"

Brooke turned around and saw it was none other than James. He wore a white button down shirt that was rolled up at the sleeves and tan trousers with some Gucci Jordaan loafers. His eyes were hidden by a pair of dark aviators and his hair was combed back in its usual do.

"Are you are?" Darien snapped.

"A whole hell of alot more mature than you! I don't publicly harass women for my own childish amusement!" James snapped. A few people standing by had caught on to the conversation and were secretly watching.

"Whatever! I'm leaving! Enjoy him while you can because soon, he'll leave just like every other man in your life when they find someone better than you!" Darien sneered before storming off into a crowd of adults and students before disappearing indefinitely.

Brooke glanced behind her at James who had a serious look on his face.

"Why are you here?" Brooke asked in a concerned tone. James grabbed her hands and gently pulled her towards the front door.

James didn't say anything which irritated Brooke so when he kept pulling her along, she finally stopped him.

"What's going on?" Brooke demanded before crossing her arms in defiance.

James sighed before looking deeply into her eyes.

"My men found Scott."