Chapter 15

After a long successful shopping trip, Natasha dropped Brooke off at home where she ate dinner with her father.

"So did you have fun today?" He asked from ths kitchen table before shovelling a piece of cake into his mouth.

"Yeah, I did. Natasha bought me a few gifts and took me out to lunch so I guess it was a good day." Brooke admitted as she cut herself a slice of cake before sitting down next to her father at the table.

"Well I'm glad. I know that this year has been kind of tough but I'm really glad that this day was a break from all of that. You deserve a day to yourself where you can just relax and enjoy your life."

Brooke snickered at her father's remark before giving him a genuine smile.

"Thanks Dad."

When Brooke went up to her room, she stared out the window for a few minutes, just thinking. She couldn't imagine what her father would do if she ran away to Russia to find Scott but then again, she was eighteen and she could do whatever she wanted as a legal adult. He wouldn't like it but either way, she has to do it.

Brooke finally felt sleep overcoming her so she laid down in bed and shut her eyes while a million thoughts ran through her head. She couldn't imagine the look on Scott's face when he saw her again. Would he be mad that she'd found him? Would he rejoice? Brooke hoped that it would be the second option but the first was a high possibility.

After a while, Brooke finally drifted off to sleep.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The next day, Brooke woke up to an incessant ringing. Upon waking up, she realized it was her phone and whoever was calling, needed her to answer her phone.

"This better be good if it's waking me up at eight o'clock on a Sunday."

"We have senior pictures today! I totally forgot so I'm on my way to your house now! We have to get ready and be there in an hour!"

Before Brooke could say anything, Natasha hung up. Brooke reluctantly got out of bed and into the shower. When she got out, Natasha was unpacking everything in her room.

Brooke straightened her hair which was usually curled due to the natural waves her hair created on a daily basis. Natasha also kept her hair straight but because it was naturally like that.

Brooke's makeup was natural but still looked out together. It was a warm brown smokey eye with a dark brown on the outer v of her eyes that seamlessly blended into her crease. She added a white shimmer eyeshadow on her lid, some mascara, false lashes and eyeliner on both her tight line and waterline.

Her face was covered in foundation and concealer to give her the perfect complexion. She added a small amount of highlight on the tip of her nose and on the tops of her cheek bones as well. Her eyebrows were naturally thick so all she had to do was comb them into place and set them with a gel before she coated her lips in a nude lipstick and clear gloss.

Natasha did something similar although her eyeshadow was one to two shades darker to bring out her striking blue eyes. Other than that, their makeup was very comparable.

Brooke got dressed in a maroon t-shirt and white skinny jeans along with her favorite black leather jacket. She wore a pair of black 3 inch Louboutins that were actually Natasha's but she let her borrow occasionally.

Natasha wore a white tank top with an olive green bomber jacket and black ripped jeans with a pair of black Timberlands.

When they were both ready, they had ten minutes to spare so they quickly grabbed their things and rushed out the door, climbing into Natasha's car before she sped out of the driveway and towards the school.

When both of the girls got there, there was only six minutes left but thankfully, they still got their pictures taken. Tomorrow would be the last day of school, also when they graduate, and that would be when they could buy yearbooks.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Later that day, Brooke and Natasha were at an ice cream shop, chatting about what they were planning on doing with their lives.

"I applied to a community college and got accepted but my parents don't know. They want me to go to Harvard and study law just like them but I want to be in the fashion industry! I want to design clothes and make a name for myself!" Natasha complained. Brooke looked up from her bowl of ice cream.

"I think I'm also gonna go to community college. I want to become a lawyer but I dont know... everything just seems like it's on hold right now."

"Because of him?" Natasha asked bluntly. Brooke gaped at her reply, confused as to why she would think that but also as to how she was so spot on.

"Can I tell you something?" Brooke asked, avoiding answering Natasha's question. Natasha nodded her head as she shoveled a spoon full of ice cream into her mouth.

"I'm going to Russia. I found him and I'm going to get him back."

Natasha's mouth fell slightly ajar as she tried to believe her friend's confession.

"What do you mean you 'found him'? How did you do that?"

Brooke shrugged her shoulders in reply before giving her full attention to Natasha.

"You know that friend of Scott's, the one who I danced with at prom? Well he helped me. He told me that he hired some... private investigators to find Scott and he did. And now I'm just waiting for him to tell me where exactly he's hiding so we can both hop on a plane and see him."

Natasha stared at Brooke with a blank expression. This seemed very well planned out but still a bit risky. Russia was a whole other country and if her father found out, he'd demand a manhunt for her.

"Does your father know?" Natasha asked quietly. Brooke shook her head.

"No. He wouldn't allow me because he hates Scott for leaving me the way he did. My father cannot know where I went. Please tell me you won't tell him?" Brooke pleaded. Natasha contemplated it for a bit. Why shouldn't she tell him? He's been such a good father to her and he's always been there when Brooke needed him! Natasha knew it would crush him if Brooke suddenly disappeared but Natasha also knew that Brooke needed Scott back. She was a whole other person when he wasn't around and even Natasha didn't like it.

"I promise."