Chapter 11

When Brooke woke up the next morning, she felt refreshed. She had no knowledge of the events of last night and that's how it was supposed to be.

After she got dressed, she left the house with Natasha so they could go to the mall and shop for prom dresses.

When they arrived, both of the girls were ecstatic. Brooke planned on asking Scott to go with her. Even though he was 24 years old, she still wasn't planning on asking Darien and Scott was the only one who held her interests.

Brooke and Natasha tried on dozens of dresses that day until they both found the perfect dress.

"This one will be perfect for you! You look so gorgeous in red, Brooke! Come on, just try it on!" Natasha whined as she held up a red floor length dress for Brooke to try on.

Brooke finally gave in and entered a dressing room, slipping out of her clothes and into the dress.

She wasn't going to deny that the dress was beautiful but the price was the thing that she was unsure about. $350 dollars for a dress that she was only going to wear for one night seemed a bit much.

"Brooke! Come out here and show me!" Natasha begged. Brooke sighed before walking out to show her friend the dress. Natasha gasped in shock before gesturing for Brooke to turn.

"That's the one. That's the one!" Natasha exclaimed.

Brooke couldn't agree more but the price was still hard to manage.

"I know but the price is..." Brooke trailed off.

"Fine then I'll buy it. My parents won't mind anyway. They love you and you can always pay them back if you really feel bad about it." Natasha explained.

Brooke was a little hesitant but gave in anyway.

Along with the dress, Brooke got a pair of silver sparkly 3 inch heels to match the dress. After Natasha paid for the dress and Brooke paid for the shoes, they were ready to leave.

Natasha had already found a dress earlier on during their shopping trip. It was a silver sequin floor length gown with a slit at the thigh and intricate straps at the back. It screamed Natasha's name and so she bought it.

When they were about to leave, they both headed towards the food court to eat before leaving

Both girls bought Panda Express and sat down to eat at a table.

"So have you asked Scott yet?" Natasha asked before taking a bite of her Mongolian beef.

Brooke shook her head.

"I haven't had a chance to but I'll probably ask him tonight."

Natasha nodded her head as they both continued to eat.

"Have you found anyone to go with?" Brooke asked Natasha.

"No. I'll probably go alone or with a few other girls because all the guys at school just want to get in my pants afterwards. It's disgusting." Natasha conplained.

Once they were both done eating, they were ready to leave when someone tapped on Brooke's shoulder. She turned around to see Scott standing there in a white button down shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Hey! How did you know I was here?" Brooke asked in a cheerful voice. She was glad to see Scott at anytime of the day whether it was during the day or night.

"Can we go somewhere for a moment?" He asked, blowing off her question. Brooke furrowed her brows but agreed.

"Can you take these to my house and drop them off? Here's the keys to my house. Once you're done just leave put them in the flower pot." Brooke instructed. Natasha nodded her head and hugged her goodbye before they parted.

Brooke followed Scott out to his car while they both held hands. When they got in, Brooke asked where they were going but Scott only told her that it was a surprise.

After almost an hour of driving, Brooke found out that he was taking her to the field. He hadn't said much except that he needed to talk to her.

When they got to the middle of the field, Scott stopped and turned around to look at Brooke with a pained expression.

"I'm leaving."

Brooke looked at him with a confused expression. She had no idea what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about, Scott?"

"I mean I'm leaving town."

Brooke stared at him for a few minutes as she let his words sink in.

"How long will you be gone?" She asked. She thought that he was leaving on some last minute trip for James but she was wrong.

"That's the thing. I'm not coming back."

Brooke stared at him in confusion and anger.

"Scott, what the hell is this? What are you talking about?!" Brooke snapped. Scott stared at her with a calm expression.

"We can't be together anymore. It's not right."

Brooke almost choked on the air in her throat.

"Is this about James? Is he making you leave? I swear to god, next time I see him I'll-"

"It's not about James. It's about me having to do the right thing by you and let you go. I can't live my life wondering if somehow, demons from my past will show up and hurt you!" Scott confessed.

"Demons from your past? Scott, this needs to stop! This is not funny!" Brooke shouted. Scott remained calm as he stared at her slowly break down.

He knew he was breaking her heart but it was the only way. It was the only way she'd ever let him go.

"You're right. It's not funny. That's why I need to leave. I can't be in a relationship with you when you always expect the best from me and I can't provide that for you. Why should I sit here and pretend to love you when I know that I'll never be able to make you happy?"

That was it. Brooke's heart shattered into thousands of tiny little pieces.

"Pretend? Did you ever actually love me?"

"I did but soon after you found out about my side jobs, I knew that I could never make you happy as long as I worked for James."

Brooke was completely taken aback. She never thought that she'd be in this position right now and yet, here she was, enduring it all.

"I'm sorry. I hope that at some point in your life that you'll forgive me and move on. Find someone who can truly please you in life."

And with that, Scott turned around and began walking back towards the main road.

Brooke was glued to her spot before she finally found the willpower to move. And that's when she ran after him.

When she caught up to him, she ran in front of him, stopping him.

"You can't leave me. You can't. You promised me that you'd never leave me!" Brooke cried out. She grabbed onto his shirt collar and buried her face into his chest as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Brooke. I have to go. You need to leave." He stated in a emotionless voice.

"Tell me this isn't real! This has to be a nightmare!" Brooke mumbled to herself as Scott pushed past her.

He walked to his car without looking back once.

When he got in, he captured her eyes with his before turning to look straight ahead.

He started his car and slowly began moving before driving off.

Brooke watched as his car got further and further away, smaller and smaller until it disappeared altogether.