Chapter 8

After the school day was over, Scott picked Brooke up from school and he stayed at her place for a few hours before heading home.

That was their routine for a couple months until Brooke started seeing less and less of Scott.

December

It was a two weeks until Christmas break and Brooke couldn't be happier. All of this studying and filling out college applications was stressful and now that Scott was barely there, the stress was only getting worse.

For the third time that day, Brooke called Scott but he didn't answer. Only his voicemail.

"You think maybe he's cheating?" Natasha asked as they both continued to study for exams. Brooke's head shot up and she glared at her best friend.

"No. Scott isn't like that. Yes, he has been acting sorts sketchy here recently but that doesn't mean that he's cheating!" Brooke snapped. Of course it was a possibility but not for Scott. He wasn't like that.

After a few more minutes of studying, an idea came to Brooke's mind.

"You know what? I'm gonna track his phone." She asserted. She pulled out her cellphone and typed in his phone number before getting her results. He was at some random house in Marinette.

"Are you sure you wanna go alone?" Natasha asked with uncertainty.

"Yeah. I'll be fine plus I've got my gun." Brooke stated as she got in her car and backed out of the driveway, heading north.

It took Brooke about 15 minutes to reach the address. It was a nice house. It was a two story, traditional family home. There was nothing sketchy about it to be honest.

Brooke got out of the car and shut the door behind her before walking up the driveway and towards the front door.

She knocked a few times but no one answered. Taking it upon herself, Brooke quietly opened the door and peeked inside.

"Hello? Scott?" She shouted. No response. She entered the house further more and looked around. There were a few beer cans on the table that were still somewhat cold.

Brooke called for Scott's name again before she heard some shuffling behind her. She turned around just in time for someone to slam her body against the wall, frightening her.

The stranger held his arm against her neck, pinning her against the wall. Brooke stared at the person in terror as she realized that shed been caught.

"Hey pretty lady. What brings you here?" He whispered. Almost instantly Brooke could smell a slight scent of beer on his breath.

"I'm- I'm looking f-for Scott?" She stuttered as the man tightened his hold on her.

The man suddenly started laughing.

"So you're his latest obsession?" He sneered as he looked her up and down.

"Is he h-here?" Brooke asked once more.

The man replied with a simple "yeah" before letting go of Brooke but not before he started feeling her up.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I got a taste of this gorgeous body." The man hissed. Brooke pulled out her gun and shoved the barrel right against the guy's forehead.

"Touch me and I'll blow your god damn brains out! Once again, where is he?!' Brooke shouted. The man held his hands up in surrender as the cold barrel remained pressed against his forehead.

"Woah chica! He's upstairs!"

Brooke glanced upstairs then back st the man before running upstairs to fund Scott.

"Scott? Scott!" She shouted. She opened a few doors until she finally found him.

Brooke stared at him as he handed a large stack of cash to a guy in a suit. They both stared at Brooke as she watched the exchange.

"Brooke?! What the hell are you doing here?" Scott demanded in a harsh voice.

"I could ask you the same thing? Why have you been dodging my calls?"

"I've been busy." He stated through clenched teeth.

Suddenly, the man in the suit walked towards Brooke.

"James Lancor. You must be Brooke." He assumed as he held out his hand, waiting for her to shake it. Reluctantly, she did.

"So if my boyfriend can't tell me why he's here, why don't you, Mr. Lancor?" Brooke asked before crossing her arms. James looked over at Scott with a smile.

"Feisty." He stated with an intrigued smile on his face.

"Well Miss Eastwood, Scott and I do business together. I pay him money to deliver things to certain people. Kind of like a mailman." James added. Brooke looked over at Scott with a pissed off look on her face.

"How could you?!" She seethed.

Brooke knew exactly what James was referring to and Brooke was pissed. Her boyfriend was delivering drugs while dating a police officer's daughter.

"Brooke, I had no choice! My father was in it for life and when he died, I had to take over! Believe me when I say I'm not doing this forever!" Scott explained as he attempted to defend himself.

"It's true. He's only in this for a few more months. Then he can go back to playing around with you." James admitted in a joking manner. Brooke scowled at him before looking at Scott.

"Am I really worth that little to you that you wouldn't tell me this? Do you know how much trouble me or my father can get in if someone finds out about your extracurricular activities? He could lose his job! His entire career down the drain!" Brooke snapped.

"I can assume that you won't tell him. Because if you do, that could be very bad for myself. You included." James threatened. Brooke shook her head and stared at Scott.

"I won't tell anybody. That I promise you."

Brooke glanced over at James then back at Scott before rushing down the stairs, pushing the foreign guy into the wall as she ran past him.

When Brooke got outside, she got in her car but paused for a moment. That's when the tears started to fall.

Brooke hit the steering wheel multiple times as she sobbed to herself. How could Scott lie to her like this? If they were going to spend time together, they had to be honest with each other!

Brooke put the key in the ignition and just as she started to back up, she saw Scott staring at her on the front porch with a regretful expression on his face.

Brooke backed out of the driveway and sped off towards home. The entire way, she couldn't stop thinking about all the times that Scott had ignored her calls or messages. To think that he was doing something like this would've been absurd but seeing it today was like a slap in the face.

It broke her heart knowing that he felt he couldn't trust her with something like that after everything they'd been through. It only proved how long their relationship would last and the answer was not very long.