Chapter 1

Brooke Eastwood. 17 years old. Her parents are divorced and she's being forced to live with her father for the last year of high school after her mother left with her new boyfriend. Fun.

Her father lives in the small town of Peshtigo, Wisconsin which is essentially the same town her mother lives in but on the other side of town.

Present Day

Brooke and Natasha were sitting in  Brooke's room getting ready to go to the lake.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just not that open to dating much anymore. After... Darien I just don't want to get heartbroken again." Brooke confessed.

Natasha sighed and grabbed a red two piece swimsuit, handing it to Brooke.

"Well who knows... maybe you'll meet the perfect guy at the lake today!" Natasha stated with a smile. Brooke laughed before walking into her bathroom to change into the swimsuit.

After she was ready, they both piled into Natasha's car and began the journey towards Lake Michigan.

After an hour and a half of driving, they arrived in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Their parents used to take them to this beach ever since they were little and as soon as they could drive by themselves, they were going there almost every summer.

When they found a decent parking spot, they grabbed their towels and pool floats as well as other beach necessities and began walking towards an open area with very little people around.

Brooke slipped out of her white dress and dropped it in her beach bag. Natasha did the same.

Brooke couldn't help but be a little self conscious of herself as she compared herself to Natasha. Ever since she broke up with Darien, she didn't do much of anything. She would constantly binge on junk food and just sit in bed and mope. She knew that it was just a coping mechanism but as soon as a few months passed, she still continued to do it. She never got back into shape again and now that she realized it, she was wearing a two piece swimsuit and she didn't even have her almost perfect hourglass figure that she used to be praised for.

"Um I'm gonna go float in the water for a bit, ok?" Brooke murmured softly. Natasha smiled at her and replied with a simple "sure".

Brooke grabbed her ring float and walked to the edge of the water before slowly walking in. When the water was up to her waist, she set the float in the water and climbed on top of it.

For a few moments, Brooke closed her eyes to think about everything. While in the middle of thinking, she noticed that she couldn't hear the soft him of people talking. Brooke's eyes shot open and she looked around. About 60 feet away was the shore and Brooke was all the way out, drifting further and further away.

"Help!" She shouted but as far as she could see, no one did anything. Not even Natasha.

Brooke shouted for help multiple times before she starting freaking out. What if she drowned? What if Natasha left her? What if she drifted all the way to the other side of the lake?

The thoughts caused Brooke's anxiety to kick into high gear. She started shaking and tears started streaming down her face.

"Help me! Help! Somebody!" She screamed as she waved her arms around bu to no avail.

Brooke started mumbling to herself to calm herself down but it wasn't working. She then glanced around to see if there were any boats near by that she could swim to. There were a few but they were all fishing boats. Except for one.

"Hey! Over here! Help me!" She screamed. From afar, she could see someone stop and stare at her before running back around the front of the boat. Slowly, it started coming her way and Brooke finally felt relieved.