Chapter 5

At this moment, Brooke didn't know what she was doing. All she knew is that she couldn't stop herself.

Scott wrapped his hands around her neck and pulled her in closer before sitting halfway upright and pulling Brooke's entire body closer to him.

When they pulled away, they rested their foreheads against each others.

"I don't know why I just did that." Brooke confessed as she pulled away from him and sighed.

"Don't be ashamed. If you didn't do it, I was going to at some point." Scott confessed with a chuckle.

Brooke breathed out before she collapsed onto the grass and sighed.

Scott did the same and gazed right at her.

"What?" Brooke asked as she looked over at him with a grin.

Scott leaned towards her and planted another kiss on her lips before pulling away.

"What was that for?" Brooke murmured softly. Scott lazily shrugged his shoulders and smirked at her.

"I just wanted to." He admitted before turning his head and staring up at the sky again.

They sat there for a while before Brooke's phone started ringing. The caller ID said that it was her father so she quickly answered it.

"Brooke, honey where are you?" He asked frantically.

Brooke sat up and so did Scott. Both of them had a concerned look on their faces.

"Something's happened. Darien was attacked this morning. He's in stable condition but he's pretty beat up. Where are you?"

Brooke looked over at Scott and then straight ahead again.

"I'm with a friend. I'll be there soon." She noted before she hung up.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked as soon as she hung up.

Brooke stood up and so did Scott.

"That was my father. Apparently my ex was attacked this morning. He's in the hospital and I guess my father wants me there."

Scott furrowed his brows.

"Your ex? Why does he want you there with him if he's your ex?" Scott questioned. Brooke shrugged her shoulders before she turned around and began the hike back through the woods. Scott then began leading her back to where he'd parked the car and when they got there, he stopped her.

"I may not get to do this the rest of the day." He asserted. Before Brooke could ask what, he planted his lips on hers. Brooke kissed him back and when they pulled away, Brooke had a small smile on her face.

"Come on." Scott commanded as they both got back in the car and drove back to town.

In 45 minutes, they pulled up to the hospital and parked.

"I'll just wait here." Scott admitted as Brooke unbundled her seat belt.

"Would you like to come in?" Brooke asked in a serious voice with a smirk.

"Only if you want me to."

A huge smile formed on Brooke's face.

"I want you to."

Scott smiled back at her.

"Your wish is my command." He replied as he leaned in for another kiss before he pulled away and they both exited the vehicle.

When they walked into the hospital, Scott grabbed Brooke's hand and she looked up at him with a quick smile.

"Hi. I'm here to see Darien Torrance." Brooke told the woman at the front desk. The women looked at the computer before looking back at Brooke and Scott.

"Down the hall in room 505 on your left." She stated as she pointed to a hallway to the right of them. Brooke nodded her head and thanked the woman as both her and Scott walked down the hallway towards the room.

When the reached it, Brooke paused before walking in.

Darien's parents were there along with Brooke's father who was still in uniform. All of their eyes darted towards Brooke and then Scott.

As Brooke approached the bed, she could see Darien sitting upright with colorful bruises on his face.

"Dad, what happened?" Brooke asked as she still held Scott's hand.

Brooke's father eyed Scott before putting his attention on his daughter.

"It appears as though Darien was mugged. His cellphone, watch and car keys have been stolen. He tried to fight back but as you can see, it didn't work very well." Her father explained with a sigh at the end.

Brooke looked over at Darien who was quietly talking to his parents.

"And you are?" Brooke's father asked suddenly. Brooke's attention darted towards her father, then to Scott.

Scott held his hand out before announcing his name.

"So are you two...?" Her father asked, trailing off as he gestured between the two of them.

"It's not that serious dad, don't worry." Brooke admitted.

Brooke's father eyed Scott skeptically before exiting the room.

"Well that was interesting." Scott whispered into Brooke's ear.

"I know." She whispered back.

After a few minutes, Darien's parents both left the room and it was just him, Brooke and Scott.

Brooke got up while Scott remained in the wooden chair against the wall.

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly.

"I'm surprised you came. Don't you like, hate me or something?" He asked with a short laugh.

"I do but that doesn't mean that I wasn't going to not check up on you."

"So who's he?" Darien asked, changing the subject. Brooke glanced back at Scott who was watching Darien intently.

"He's a um.. friend."

"Well you've moved on quickly." Darien sneered. Brooke sighed as his remark.

"Can we not?" Brooke whined.

"Fine. Whatever." Darien snapped. Brooke scowled at him before speaking again.

"Well I've gotta go. But it's good that you're ok." Brooke admitted sincerely. Darien nodded his head and smiled at her before Brooke walked over to the door with Scott right behind her.

Brooke glanced back at Darien and gave him a hopeful smile before exiting the hospital room and the hospital all together.

When Brooke and Scott got in the car, he glanced over at her.

"So I'm assuming that your father is going to want to meet me at some point, correct?" He questioned. Brooke nodded her head and replied with a quick "yep", adding emphasis on the p.

"Ok well how about tonight?" Scott offered up. Brooke looked over at him in shock.

"I told him that we weren't that serious. Don't you think that he'll think otherwise when I have him meet you tonight?" Brooke explained.

Scott shrugged his shoulder and started the car.

"Well I don't know about you but I am serious about my relationship with you." He confessed as he gazed into Brooke's eyes. Brooke blushed slightly before leaning in to give Scott a kiss.

When she pulled away he shook his head and chuckled.

"You make me feel things that I can't explain."

Brooke chuckled a bit before glancing over at Scott.

"In case you didn't know, my father's a cop so if you hurt me, he'll kill you." Brooke threatened. Scott glanced over at her with a stone cold expression on his face.

"I'm not worried."

Brooke laughed at his reply as he seemed so confident!

"Fine but it's your funeral."