Chapter 17

Brooke stared at James in awe.

"I bought us round trip tickets to Russia and the plane leaves in an hour and a half. I already packed some bags for you but right now, we need to go."

Before Brooke could say anything, she was already being dragged to James' car. She got in the passenger seat before she realized something.

Her father.

She couldn't leave without atleast leaving a note to tell him that she's ok!

When James got in the car, she explained to him that she needed to leave her father a note.

"We don't have time!"

"Then make some time!" Brooke screamed at him. James looked at Brooke, stunned by her harsh words.

"Ok but make it quick. Don't tell him where we are going but you can tell him when we'll be back."

Brooke wrote a quick note to her father while James drove to her house . When they arrived, Brooke finished up the note. She quickly got out of the car and sprinted up to the front door where she ran inside and laid it on the kitchen counter before rushing out of the house, locking it back up.

When Brooke got back in the car, she hadn't even buckled up yet when James backed out of her driveway and was going 50 mph towards the highway.

When they got onto the highway, his speed increased to 88 mph. Brooke stared at the speedometer in terror.

"Can you slow down?! You're gonna kill us!" Brooke shrieked. James chuckled and glanced over at her.

"I'm not going to kill us."

"And no. We need to hurry." He added in a monotone voice.

Brooke was confused as to why they had to hurry. Was he really trying to get to the airport as soon as possible or was there another issue that Brooke didn't know about?

"Why do we need to hurry? You keep saying we don't have time but, time for what?!" Brooke shouted frustratingly.

James sighed before glancing over at Brooke then back at the road.

"Scott is living in Russia. We know that. What we also know is that when he got there, he infiltrated a group of Russian spies. He's going to help them get information about the U.S. that could bring down the country."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Brooke and James were already on a plane to New York where they would then fly to Europe then finally arrive in Russia.

The entire flight, Brooke couldn't stop thinking about what James had told her.

Why would Scott be involved with Russian spies? How do you go from being a drug dealer to something like that?

Noticing the curious expression on Brooke's face, James asked her if she was ok.

"Yeah, I'm just wondering how I'm going to get Scott back. I mean if he's with the Russians, what excuse could I give him to come back to me? To his country?"

James gave her a reassuring smile and a pat on her knee.

"You'll figure it out. I know that you're somewhat intelligent enough for that."

Brooke scowled at him before snickering.

"Thanks. I appreciate that."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○