•33•

Third person p.o.v

Since the day Taehyung opened up to his doctor everything seemed gloomy, he quit working at the cafe and thought of moving out. HaeJin helped him in finding a small house away from the city area, also paying the expenses since the younger had no money. The house was in the middle of no where, but that's something Taehyung had wanted, being away from the greedy self centred people.

The small wooden house that belonged to an old couple was now Taehyung's. Although it was surrounded with forest areas it looked pretty. The rustling of the trees and bushes didn't seem creepy to Taehyung, he found it refreshing.

It had been over a week since the latter shifted in, he would often stay inside by the fire place with a cup of hot chocolate and sometimes go out to nurture the beauty of nature. Jungkook would stay by his side, not minding the silence he was receiving from the older.

It seemed normal to Taehyung, being that way. He wanted to be alone but somehow Jungkook wouldn't leave. The younger would often ask him to forget the past, adding that it wasn't totally his fault. Taehyung wasn't the way he was because of himself, but because of the circumstances. Blaming himself wasn't healthy.

Although the only guilt Taehyung carried was of keeping Kai and letting go of Jongin he still felt bad entirely. He can't recollect why he did that, but it definitely wasn't right, something was off, and he was sure about it.

"Let's bake." Taehyung tore his gaze from the fire and looked at Jungkook who was also staring at him. Realising that indeed he was craving something sweet, he nodded making the younger smile in delight.

Taehyung knew what Jungkook was trying to do and knowing that he was a part of him he can understand the latter very well. Jungkook had been trying very hard to keep him away from his past memories, and somewhere he himself knew that he wanted the same. He wanted to forget the past, but somehow it kept sliding back.

"There are strawberries in the fridge." Jungkook pointed towards the machine, waiting patiently for Taehyung to go ahead and remove them out.

"I know." He opened the container and grabbed the fresh packet of strawberries, including some eggs, milk and chocolate chips.

"Do you know how to bake? Cause I can't afford to see these ingredients going to waste." Jungkook said trying to lift the mood, though it didn't affect Taehyung "I mean, I can bake.... if you want then I'll guide you."

"Shut up."

Jungkook zipped his mouth shut and watched Taehyung mixing the cake batter, as the chocolate chips melted on the stove.

"Strawberries and chocolate tastes yum." Taehyung glanced at Jungkook who was eyeing the chocolate with so much love. For a moment he forgot that he himself loved chocolate and Jungkook was just giving a desired reaction, as his hands automatically moved to grab a strawberry.

Taehyung dipped the scarlet fruit in the chocolate before placing it near Jungkook's lips "You can eat."

"I.... can't...." Taehyung sighed "... but you can. I would eventually get the taste." Jungkook grabbed the older's wrist and moved it backwards till the Strawberry was touching the older's lips "Eat up."

Taehyung opened his mouth and took a bite, a smile spreading on his lips as the familiar flavours rolled on his tongue.

"Tastes good." Both the males smiled at each other, before Taehyung continued on his work.

Jungkook sat on the kitchen counter, singing some songs which were known to Taehyung, until the batter was inside the oven.

"35 minuets." Taehyung muttered as he set the timer, before leaving the kitchen.