•26•

" Is that kid... me?

I saw him push the lit part of the candle in the man's eye, making me cover mine in reflex.

I mean c'mon dude, that looks painful.

The little version of me sprinted inside the kitchen with anger radiating on his face and body language. Surely he seemed pissed, I'm not certain about what though. As I followed him inside, I saw him grab a knife 'Yo! What the hell Taehyung, put it down.' I said in an attempt to calm the kid. He looked at me with eyes that screamed misery, few tears fell down his cheeks as he whispered 'They're not good'.

'What do you-'

He didn't let me continue as he pulled back his angry expression and dashed out of the kitchen, making me follow behind. We reached the living room but it was empty 'Eomma?' He cried, possibly calling for our mother.

A scream echoed throughout the house, and for a moment everything went black... I wasn't sure what was happening, but everything in me was hurting, my heart and my head. I felt my cheeks getting wet as the dark disappeared and another scene came in view, The little boy who was supposedly me was crying while clinging onto a body as he sat crisscross on the pool of blood.

The surroundings weren't unknown to my eyes, it was indeed the backyard of our house, the nearby wall, the freshly chopped grass and my old swing were there as well. But it felt so off, everything felt gloomy, my eyes were tearing up while staring at the dead body of my mother.

'H-hey Kid.' I tried not to stutter, but my cries didn't help 'P-p-please don't c-cry.' He looked up at me and whispered something that I wasn't able to make out, but he definitely was heartbroken... We were feeling the same pain, and it was surely not minor. As we stared into each others eyes, I realised how hurt-pitiful- and afraid he looked.

The terror in his eyes increased when two shadows hovered over him, making him rub both of his hands together, as he started muttering 'please'. I turned around to take a better look at the two people who were trying to frighten him, only to fall back as soon as I recognised one of them... 'Appa?' I covered myself with my arms, as he swung his stick in the air, but the blow never came. After building up a little amount of courage I opened my eyes and saw him hitting the little boy 'Appa sorry.. a-a-appa...' he cried hoarsely, as red marks appeared on his body.

'P-p-please, dont hit him.' I cried and begged, my body trembling at the same time. It isn't the most pleasant sight to look at, a father abusing his son... and it becomes worse when you feel the pain. 'Pleaseeeeeeeee' I held my knees to my chest, and sobbed 'Pleaseeeee'

The little boy eventually stopped crying, appa gave up on hitting him as well. He backed a little, making me crawl towards the little boy, as I hugged him. I felt my shirt soaking, both of us cried for what seemed like hours 'It's okay.' And just when I said it another man appeared.

The man with a burned left eye, I wasn't able to make out his face before, but now when I did it terrified me even more.

'He's all yours, Choi.' "

_______________
Third person p.o.v

"You know what to say Kang, your son is with us." Mino placed his head on the brick wall as he closed his eyes. His hands were hurting due to the handcuffs, and his head hurting due to the mental doctor sitting across him. He wasn't unhappy that his son was in safe hands, but was unhappy about the fact that he wasn't able to finish his work, killing his Boss's son. It still came in handy, he was going to talk against the one person his boss was obsessed with and was doing all this for.