Chapter 79: Infiltrate

After eating together just like before, the younger laid his head on the table while Jimin waited for the waitress to come around and hand him the bill. Jungkook remained gawking up at the man with such a smile within his gleaming gaze. It was enough to show that he enjoyed their time together here. But the only thing that was in the way was the fault that Jungkook just couldn't talk and only signed to Jimin. The young man believed if he could have talked to Jimin like before, then the man could have had a better time. Yet, he took what he could get.

           "Jungkook, let's check the station out." Jimin told the younger, watching the boy sit up and nod his head to anything Jimin would say. Once the waitress came around, Jimin paid for their meal and they were quick to step out of the diner with their hands locked together. "I've been longing to get back to the station! Aren't you excited? I've missed that place." Jimin chuckled and swung the hand he held with Jungkook back and forth so happily until they reached the car. "Let's see what mess my father made." The man joked and let out a chuckle once he broke away from holding Jungkook's hand and got inside the car.

          It's been so long Jimin went to work. He wasn't displaying any good sportsmanship and chose to run from his problems instead. But now, he hoped to change his life and show the best side of him to everyone and take back his position as Chief from his father. The ride to the station felt like it took forever as Jungkook was smiling to himself during the ride. He just never thought he'd see the day Jimin would come so close to heading to work after the hell he put himself through. This was a big step to change.

         "Jimin, I love working there... But at times, I hate it. Those officers really despise me." Jungkook played this off as a laugh, but Jimin only tilted his head while driving.

         "That's not nice of them... Don't listen to what they say. They literally gossip about anyone. Just stand by me and you'll be safe from those judging eyes." Jimin assured as he soon pulled up by the station to look up at the building that gave him such memories from before. The man hasn't been to work for so long, he couldn't recall his motives at work. All he did was chase his own tail due to Jungkook working behind the scenes to sabotage every part of it. Jimin shook away those thoughts as he walked up to the entrance and still held the prince by his hand.

           The man let out a sharp exhale and just then, he walked in with officers suddenly gazing up and finally seeing Jimin for the first time in a while. Some officers held smiles and waved while some stepped up to see that it really was Jimin in the flesh! "Cheif!" Called out an officer as Jimin smiled to see the happy officers greet him. They grew worried about their leader, however towards Jungkook? They didn't really care much about him. As Jimin walked to greet people desk by desk, he could hear the door from his office pry open so suddenly.

            All of the sudden, he looked up ahead to see a few officers walk out from it with Mr. Park behind them. "Ah, My son is finally here!" Called out Mr. Park as Jimin flinched and looked up ahead to gaze at his own father; still lingering on the station. "Jimin! Come here I have great news!" The man claimed as Jimin still held onto Jungkook's hand as he followed in. Not wanting to let go of his lover.

           "What is it, father?" Jimin asked as the father only signalled the Chief and his detective to follow. This alone rose many flags in Jimin's mind. Just what did the father had planned now? "Is it... Something about the case?"

           "Yes! I've reopened these cases to conclude it with one final discovery!" Mr. Park added so happily as he walked to the office and opened the door to make his way over to the desk. Jimin tried to remain calm as he looked over to Jungkook, who did a good job at playing it off calmly. Just what did the elder find now? Jimin watched in panic with anxiety eating it's way through the Chief. Only then, the father looked up to pull a big smile. "We found the hideout!" Professed the man as Jimin grew still and he could tell Jungkook was worried too.