Chapter 17: Suspicions

Jimin left the detective alone outside the office as Officer Riyu followed after the Chief. Jimin couldn't help but to think that his Officer had something to say about Jungkook. Officer Riyu wasn't a very happy and kind guy to everyone at work. He was only kind towards Jimin because at the end of the day, he knew Jimin was the Chief he could trust. He was there for the man from the start of his job. His best friend and easily grew a little upset when Namjoon or either Jungkook was around him. Officer Riyu was as bad as Jimin. Not trusting everyone and most criminals knew him as the Chief's favorite.

             The handsome and young looking Officer walked into Jimin's office and looked out the window's blinds to see Jungkook was just standing there at the center of the lobby. Staring at the office and patiently waiting for Jimin. The Chief walked to his desk and sat down on the office chair while he set his briefcase down. "Tell me, Sehiro... What's on your mind?" Jimin asked with a smile as he gazed at the younger after.

             "I've done a little digging." The officer claimed as Jimin rose a brow. "Hear me out, Jimin. I heard there are rumors of a gang that wanders around that neighborhood where that murder was committed! They use katanas and weapons like that to commit the crimes! That could be them who murdered the man!" Officer Riyu claimed while Jimin folded his arms and laid back on the chair.

            "We don't know that it could actually be a Katana... That was just a guess we took. How did you know about this gang?" Jimin asked as the man cleared his throat.

           "R-Remember when I did my service here? I learned there were gangs starting to spawn from every part of Busan. These were just rumors I've heard while doing military work. You know.. I needed to become a permanent resident here by it and marrying my wife here could seal it." Officer Riyu claimed while Jimin kept his stare at the older.

        "Gang.... I'll keep that in mind. Okay? You do make a good claim on that one. I guess I'll have to look into it." Jimin said as he brought out a piece of paper. "They often wander around that area? You make good points. How do you even find these? You aren't part of that gang are you?~" Jimin teased while the officer chuckled.

          "You always ask me that when I give you good evidence." Officer Riyu claimed while he looked out the window to still see Jungkook standing out there and staring at the office. Wanting to see Jimin now. "Chief, I love you and everything... But, that boy is giving me the creeps. Is he really your permanent Detective?"

           "Jeon Jungkook. My favorite little guy. Yes he is." Jimin answered while the Officer mouthed the words in repeat before saying it out loud.

          "F-Favorite?" The man asked as Jimin started to laugh. "What's so funny?"

          "Sehiro, you can't always be my favorite! You said it yourself. You have your wife and I have my partner." Claimed the Chief as he set the paper he wrote the street address down on his desk.

          "I thought I was your favorite?"

          "You could still be my favorite. Favorite Officer. You stand in line like anyone else. Namjoon is my favorite Dispatcher, Jungkook is my favorite Detective... That's all." Jimin stated with a smile as the Officer brushed his black silk hair to the side.

           "You're playing with me now. I'm still your closest friend! Closer to you than Namjoon or that kid... I know a lot about you and I help you. I'm still your favorite Officer! There's nothing else to me... Just an officer..." Sehiro added as Jimin looked at the older and then tilted his head to peek out the window and see the younger still standing there and waiting.