Chapter 68: Nothing to hide

Throughout the night Jimin laid there with Jungkook, the older found himself growing closer and closer to sleep. Each time he drew near to rest, he closed his eyes and let out an exhale; trying to count sheep and dream. But as he kept his eyes closed, Jungkook opened his eyes and sat up. The fire crackling was slowly diminishing as Jungkook stood up and looked back to see Jimin faking his sleep. Wondering what else Jungkook had yet to do.

           Jungkook sat there silently, looking at Jimin as if he wanted to wake him, but Jimin only pried his eyes open slightly to give off a half-sleep look to his face. "Ah... Baby where are you going?"

           "I... wanted to show you something; but I didn't want to wake you.  I couldn't sleep without showing you one last thing." Jungkook responded. For a second there, Jimin almost forgot Jungkook wasn't mute; so, this alone only shocked him for a second before realizing he already knew this. It was just weird for him. Everyday, he understood sign language from Jungkook and the boy would do it back. But now, Jungkook didn't need to; he could talk properly and respond with no hassle.

          "You can show me in the morning, Jungkook." Jimin whispered and batted his eyes while looking down. The sting was there and the corner part of his eyeball looked strained while he still chose to stay up through the pain from before.

            Only after, Jungkook tugged Jimin's hand, wanting him to follow. "Bed." Jungkook said calmly as he still managed to add in a tone of whining. "Bed. I want the bed." Jungkook continued as Jimin had no other choice but to let out a sigh and stand up. No matter how tired and sleepy Jimin was, Jungkook refused to sleep on the couch overnight. Jungkook smiled happily as soon as he watched Jimin stand up. On the couch, there wasn't that much room either way. Jungkook just wanted to have enough space to pull his king close enough so he could curl up over his chest and have such a sweet dream.

              "Ah, Jungkook... How did my prince become so spoiled..?" Jimin complained as the younger let out a giggle once he glanced back at Jimin.

              "Because you spoiled me!" Jungkook added. "You didn't need to, I actually do have my camera but I was playing it off like it was stolen. It's back at the hideout." Jungkook mentioned while Jimin stopped for a second and blinked his eyes once more.

             "You brat, do you know how tough it was to find that camera I have for you now? How expensive it was? Ah... And the camera you had was from Japan. I should have suspected something was up. You really do find merchandise and items from Japan quite interesting."

              "Oh, what a shame you didn't figure it out before." Snickered the boy; dragging Jimin up the stairs and to the bedroom. "I've been hiding things from you as I stayed here." Jungkook continued as they reached the bedroom. "Can't I show you now? It'll be quick."

             "Depends on what it is." Jimin replied with a yawn while the younger let out an adorable giggle and just walked to the bed to sit down. "What is it?"

              "...A lot of memory cards and flash drives." Jungkook replied with a giggle. "You'll have to look through them of course!"

              "Tomorrow it is." Decided the older as Jungkook smiled and crawled onto the center of the bed before laying back and gazing down to watch Jimin sit by his side and take his dress shirt off. "Jungkook, will you come with me to the funeral..?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook gazed at Jimin in silence. "I don't want everyone to think it's off how you won't show up."

             "I'll go... But only to pick you up when you break.." Jungkook insisted as Jimin smiled and turned his body to face Jungkook; softly caressing the boy's face with a teary smile.