Chapter 69: Acceptance

It was finally towards the end of the week and the young prince was growing a bit too worried now. It was just days back when he confessed about his true identity; only then, he watched the one he loved shift from a happy and somewhat strict personality, to a clingy and overprotective man every second. "Where are you going? Stay here! You can't leave me!" Jimin would tell Jungkook even when the boy would just go to the bathroom for a while.

           Jimin's behavior was so different now. Of course, Jimin couldn't tell if he seemed off. It felt normal to him and just swept his actions under the rug with a smile. He couldn't even tell how bad he was getting from all of this. Jimin was insane and something like that struck fear into Jungkook's heart. He had no idea the love of his life would be like this... Yet, he understood why this happened and that was because he alone was killing Jimin. He killed his social life; Jimin had no other friends and didn't even long to show up for work. Claiming his father was working for him now.

            The couple stood in the room, putting on their attire together because Jungkook knew Jimin would lose himself if his lover went off to change elsewhere. Jimin opened his dresser and pierced to the back where he looked at his back and white formal outfit he wore quite similar in his dream. However, the only one he truly lost was his sanity and his best friend. Thinking back on him just left a sting where his heart still fought forward.

              "Jiminie.... Are you okay?" Jungkook whispered as he had yet to put on his dress shirt. Realizing Jimin was just staring at his outfit; not really showing effort in him wanting to put on his own tie or dress shirt. Unexpectedly, Jimin gripped onto the dress shirt, tightening his grip along the sleeved cuff and letting out a sharp exhale. "H-Hey... Jimin..."

              "He's not dead... I-I know he isn't." Jimin whispered in tears. After all this time, he alone tossed the truth of losing his best friend just under a rug while he lived life. Not knowing by the end of the week, those feelings were only dug right back up and he started to lose it slowly. Recently, these sudden outbreaks were enough to prepare Jungkook for when it was going to happen. The younger approached Jimin and gave him a hug from the back as he rested his head over Jimin's shoulder.

            "Shh... You can't hide this forever; Jimin, Sehiro is gone... I told you this far to many times. We were doing so well... You need to understand when someone is gone... They'll never come back. You need to be more accepting towards it. You can't live like this!" Jungkook stated and kept his body clinging onto the back of his lover's trembling body.

            "N-No...no he's not. I won't carry his body out... Not when he's still out there." Jimin continued and with every word, Jungkook was held accountable for everything his lover uttered. Jimin used to be aware of these things... But only now, he lost a sense of that and grew confused when it came to figuring out his friend was no longer here.

            "Jimin... Jimin listen to me..." Jungkook whispered and stepped in front of him. "It's true... He's gone. He's been gone for a while now and.. He would've loved it if you would help carry his body. It's great honor to him... You meant a lot to him, Jimin." Jungkook mentioned as Jimin looked at him with his eyes tearing up. "Don't do this to me; you scare me everytime." Jungkook claimed. Not wanting Jimin to slowly slip back into shouting and throwing things. Just those things were enough to scare Jungkook and leave him pressing his body against the corner of the wall as he cupped his own face from the tears. Out of the many things, who knew that this gang leader was afraid of his own lover losing his mind?

            Such actions left scars; Jimin would throw and shout things while he had his hands thrown and tugging onto his hair and he'd yell rude things to himself. Most words he would shout were extremely upsetting and Jungkook would run to him and cling onto him just to calm Jimin down. But at other times, Jungkook was too scared to do anything. Jimin was the only one he loved in this world, along with his gang members; yet, the love he had for Jimin was so huge, he held back from the pain that rushed to the prince when he'd see Jimin grow so insane because of his own doings. This left Jungkook to realize that his purpose here was to kill Jimin and shove him off the high pedestal; and that was what he did. Only in reality, he killed Jimin mentally.