Chapter 64: A silent voice

Jimin had to take a moment and think back at what his Father was just asking. At this moment, he wondered... Was his father only making up such things to get Jimin to shove the Detective out of his life? Jungkook was such a good boy to Jimin, but his actions didn't seem to rub off so well on Mr. Park. It just seemed as if Mr. Park didn't want Jimin to get distracted and not settle for any less of his own work. He had to pay attention to the people. Not sit down and play a round of heartaches and kisses.

         "Father, of course Jungkook is mute... Why would you even question that about him?" Jimin asked as Mr. Park tilted his head and scoffed after.

        "Mute... I've never heard of or been notified that there was a mute at my station in Seoul. How long was it when he lost his voice?" Mr. Park asked as Jimin face palmed.

       "It was five years ago, he signed to me that he was attacked by a gang and by there, he wanted to fight crime to prevent having others getting hurt." Jimin claimed as Mr. Park nodded his head and let out a chuckle.

        "Jimin, where is his scar?" Mr. Park asked as Jimin tilted his head and wondered what he meant by that.

        "E-Excuse me..?"

        "The scar, Jimin. When Jungkook was supposedly 'attacked' they must have performed surgery on his throat and he would have had a scar there to show for it. I don't see any scars. You need to ask these questions here, my son." Added the elder while Jimin just didn't want to listen to any of this.

         "Father, there are many cases of being mute... He had damage within his throat and this was five years ago! The scars must be gone already..." Jimin retorted as Mr. Park scoffed once more and walked over to his luggages. "Father... He's mute... There's no way he could fake it! After all we've been through, there was no sound coming from him at all!" Jimin shot back. Thinking at the time they made rough and hard love in bed. He was bound to make a sound if he faked it.

          "Then he must be a good actor." Mr. Park claimed. Resting his case and finally being able to push Jimin off his high stool from believing Jungkook was mute. Jimin had to think about it, Jungkook had no scars around his neck from the surgery and the only scars that lingered along his gentle body was the scars of the attack from years back. Those became permanent. Jimin didn't want to consider his father's words, but he just couldn't hold back the fact that he did make a good point. "If you need me, I'll be staying somewhere else and I will be at the station everyday. Just to make sure you don't stay home and lead your team into failure." Mr. Park claimed. Grabbing his luggages as Jimin stood there. Contemplating what he just argued about and thought of his love for Jungkook.

            "F-Father... Please... Wait.." Jimin said as Mr. Park let out a laugh and walked out of the house after. Leaving Jimin to handle his complicated relationship with Jungkook. It never bothered Jimin to do research on mute people. Believing whatever Jungkook signed off to him. However, Jimin then pondered on this more... If his own father never knew that Jungkook was mute from the start, how did Namjoon know about it from the start? Jimin opened his eyes and began to question things against RM and Jungkook.

           Jimin travelled up the steps of the stairs as he thought back at the first few weeks of Jungkook working with him. RM wanted Jimin to work with Jungkook so desperately no matter what... Even when Jungkook was distracting Jimin from his work. Was that the cause of everything now? When Jimin couldn't read sign language, he noticed it was odd how Namjoon would respond to Jungkook in sign language too like he didn't want to respond with any answer with his voice. Besides, if Mr. Park didn't know Jungkook was a mute... How did Namjoon know it? This left Jimin to think that maybe the two were hiding something from him.