Chapter 10: Sensitive

Jimin opened the small box that held his hamburger and took it out. The hamburger had melted cheese in between, grilled and juicy meat, lettuce, tomato slices, round onions, ketchup in between the melted cheese, toasted and sesame seed bread with pickles within the stack and crispy bacon to finish off the mouthwatering burger. This came with a large box order of hot and crispy salted fries, and cold, refreshing coca-cola to wash it down. Jimin ordered the same meal for Jungkook. The older just had white and cold, creamy ice-cream with sweet cocoa chocolate syrup drizzled over it. As for Jungkook, Jimin ordered him a medium sized chocolate milkshake with whipped cream over the top of the beverage.

            "Here, if you need anything, tell me." Jimin said as he handed the younger his phone back. Starting to eat as Jungkook left his phone there and began to eat his burger and the fries too. "Do you want anything..?"

          Jungkook smiled at Jimin and shook his head while he resumed eating with Jimin during the time they were seated. Jimin completely forgot he had to go out and investigate the crime scene with Jungkook after. "You know, the more you keep doing this, you'll be at risk of getting fired..." Jimin told the boy and by now, Jungkook was done eating his hamburger after a while. "I might not fire you, but my father can track down your progress and mine. If he finds out you haven't been working, then, you'll get fired. You can't do this every day. We need to focus on work. Not sitting together and eating." Jimin told the younger while Jungkook nodded his head and listened to the man.

            The Chief looked at this as a nice way of bonding. He never thought anything between them would click, but Jungkook was there eating and nodding his head with any yes or no questions Jimin would ask him. "How... many criminal cases did you solve?" Jimin wondered while Jungkook placed his box of French fries down and held up three fingers. "Three... That's nice. I can't really keep track on how much I've done." Jimin told the younger and finished off eating his Burger while he looked at the boy. "I'll be honest with you.. I wish you could be more cooperative. No offense, but if I can't talk to you, how do you expect us to click? I feel like we have so much in common... But, I don't see it in a mute boy... How could you be my partner like this?" Jimin told the boy while Jungkook looked at his phone and back at Jimin who was already eating his fries while looking around and waiting for the boy to type an answer.