Chapter 38: Temperature

Jungkook was downstairs sweeping the floors with a broom as he kept his blank face over the glass that showed his reflection. Everything was still as the only sound that could be heard was the light jingles of the glass rustling against the floor each time Jungkook swept up the glass. As the boy was cleaning up after his mess, Jimin came down and switched on more of the lights so Jungkook could see where he steps.

             "Keep the lights on while cleaning up glass. You won't get hurt that way." Jimin chuckled and got down the steps of the stairs to see Jungkook still sweeping up the glass and setting it to the side of the room to avoid getting cut. "...so, I'm not upset because of this mess. I know you need ways to relieve your anger and let it all go. I'm sorry I took it wrong and grew scared of you. I just didn't think." Jimin told the boy as he  got down the steps and walked up to the boy. "You know what you need? You need a stress ball! It can help if you need to let out anger or a punch dummy! We have a lot of those at the station." Jimin suggested, However... Jungkook didn't respond and kept sweeping up the glass and then, he placed the broom down and started to pick up the broken framed pictures of Jimin's family.

             "Yeah, that's my family. They are in Seoul... Did I tell you that?" Jimin asked and tried to start a conversation, but Jungkook only set the pictures away while Jimin nervously rolled his hair back. "If I didn't then... There you go." Jimin replied to himself. Feeling a bit embarrassed he was talking to himself. "I'll help you out! It's going to be a long night if you do this on your own. You're sick.. I shouldn't have you face this on your own." Claimed the Chief as Jungkook took time to pick the torn pages of books up and look at them before setting them aside.

             "Jungkook... Has this been bothering you to the point where you didn't even want to tell me about it? Is this why you bottled up those feelings and finally let them out while I was gone...?" Jimin wondered as he let out a sigh before crouching and picking up the remaining books as well. "Ignoring me... I understand.. I deserve it." Jimin continued, hoping to see the boy smile and sign to Jimin so he wouldn't be so tough on himself, but, Jungkook only carried a blank expression and continued to pick up the books so he could push the furniture back in place.

            Just as Jimin was close to picking up one of the books, his hand brushed along Jungkook's and he was able to feel the younger's temperature still rising like before. "Hey... You don't have to clean up, don't do it. Your temperature is really bad." Jimin continued to talk but every word that came out of his mouth was like he was holding a one sided conversation with himself through a mirror. Alas, Jungkook only kept his silence to himself and gazed at Jimin with his puffy eyes before snatching his hand back and standing up before walking over to one of the coffee tables to fix.

           "How could I tell him how sorry I feel...? I said it already... He just wants love and I can't give it to him. Atleast... Not yet.." Jimin said in his mind and face palmed after. "Jungkook... Please don't ignore me. Don't act like I don't know what you're doing to me now." Jimin demanded, however, the boy kept his hands busy by setting the furniture into place. Not even daring to stop and sign to Jimin. "I-I know what you need! You're hungry, aren't you?" Jimin asked, trying to lighten up the dull mood. "Hm? Hungry? I don't think I left you enough food in the morning. You must be starving!" Jimin continued as Jungkook still pretended he couldn't understand Jimin. "How about some coffee? We'll be up all night fixing this..."

               Jimin felt hopeless. Jungkook didn't want to communicate now and the younger only kept his mindset on cleaning up and falling asleep after. "Jungkook...? What do you want? I'll give you that... Please don't ignore me... Friends don't ignore each other like this." Jimin added as Jungkook dropped the book and was close to walking off when Jimin suddenly gripped onto Jungkook's arm and dropped him onto the couch. Making the younger gaze up to see Jimin stand by the couch and look down at him. "Where are you going?"