Chapter 42: My Sweet Taste Prince

Sometimes it is not only the bad memories that makes you sad but also the best ones which you know won’t happen for the second time.

Five minutes has passed since the announcer announced to begin the tournament. Everybody is whispering since I’m not moving creating noise all over the room. I held on the paper tighter.

Stupid Chace. You knew it all along.. But why? Why did you continue it? Why didn’t you tell me? That’s why you wanted to spend the whole day with me yesterday telling me to not think about what to bake.

Because..

The paper fell down to the floor as I let it go. My eyes getting all watery, I don’t want to cry especially if Mace is here.

Yes, the second letter contains the ingredients of the chocolate strawberry mousse. The one I wanted to know the first time we met, the first time we spoke, the first time I hated and loved him. But right now, I don’t even want to know about that! I want him here! Here with me.. Doing the last round, the LAST round of the tournament.

Does he really think I could bake this with what I’m feeling right now?! What was wrong with him?! There was no sense in giving me the ingredients when he wasn’t here! He wasn’t damn here!

I slapped myself to wake me up.

“Lauren!” Desiree shouted from the crowd, stepping her body forward but the ushers immediately pushed her back down the crowd.

I turned to her with teary eyes and smiled, “I’ll do it.” I whispered and went out to get the ingredients in the equipment room.

There was no point in not doing this; Chace wanted me to do this. Stay here and not chase after him. That was one of the things he said in the letter. The letter which brought up every nightmare I know.

As I arrived upstairs, I saw Mace there searching for his ingredients. I stepped forward, “Why did you do that?” Anger rushed through my body with just the sight of him.

He smirked.

“Why, of course, I have to win right? It’s my job. They deserve it. I used Lyka and Leila’s money to do that so it was a piece of cake. Life is really like that Lauren. If his flight comes, you won’t see him anymore. Ever again.” He turned and walked forward.

He was right. I wanted to race to the airport but what could I do? It was written in his letter what he wanted me to do.. I can’t betray him. His flight leaves at 10 30 in the morning and its 9 45 already. What should I do?

I went back down with the ingredients in my hand and laid it down the counter. I took out the bowl and started putting the flour and beating it with the cracked egg. The next was beating it thoroughly.

Chace, why are you doing this?

While I was beating the flour and egg, I kept thinking of him. Again and again.

“He already left you!” my mind shouted but my heart responded, “He didn’t. He had no choice.”

Heart versus Mind. I hate that feeling.

*CRASHED*

I was awakened by the sound and I looked at the counter. The bowl I was mixing broke into two. I must have beaten it hard.

“Oh great.” I whispered.

I’m getting stressed. I just want to see him again..please. One last time, just this once..

“Lauren! Lauren!” That voice.

No way, it can’t be.

I turned back and saw them running in, guards chasing them, shouting my name again and again and all I could do is stare back at them, shocked to see them.