Chapter 22: Tropical Smoothie

“Chace decides to be home schooled.”

Drew’s words kept on playing on my head endlessly.

Is he joking?

Is this true?

Why do I even care?

“Lauren! Lauren!”

I just don’t get it.

Why is he doing this?

“Lauren!!” I heard some shouting then black. All I could see was black. Pitch black darkness.

“Lauren.”

“Chace!” I saw him walking towards me. He was wearing a jeans and a sweat shirt. He was holding something at the back of his hand.

“I’m sorry for doing this.” He said to me. We locked gazes at each other and my heart thumping fast.

“Why? Why?!” I shouted. Tears were falling.

“No one cares for me, Lauren.” He took a step backwards. “No one.”

“Wait!” I chased after him and the words ‘No one’ kept on echoing through the dark pitch room.

‘No one.’

“Help!” I shouted as I got up.

I saw white walls, white blanket and tables with papers and medical stuffs.

Oh yeah, the clinic.

“Lauren! You alright?” I turned and saw Desiree with Drew.

“Hey, what happened?” I asked.

“You don’t remember?” Drew asked.

“Not much. All I know is that you guys told me Chace is home-”

Then I didn’t continue.

So it is true..It wasn’t just a dream.

“After you heard that you fainted.” Drew said.

I heard a sighed when I looked up, I saw Blake heading out of the door.

What’s with him?

“Let him be.” Desiree patted my back.

“Blake was the one who carried you back here. You were crying actually while you were sleeping, had a bad dream?” Drew asked.

“Yeah.” I sighed.

“The nurse recommends you to at least take two days rest before you get to class again.” Desiree informed me.

“Okay. Thanks guys.” I replied.

“Get some rest, okay?” Desiree stood up and I nodded at the both of them then they left.

I decided to close my eyes and rest.

A few hours later, I suddenly heard a knock.

I didn’t budge and didn’t let my eyes go open.

The person went in and he/she went near the bed and sat down on the chair beside the bed.

Who could this be?

I don’t know why, but I was hoping it could be Chace.

I mean, I just want to ask why he’s being home schooled and such. Not as if I want him to be here really.

“I’m sorry.” That cold voice, Chace!

My heart lightened from the nervous feeling. I could feel my cheeks flushing red I don’t know why. Maybe because he was beside me.