Chapter 15: Brownies

“Are you alright?” Aunt Gemi asked as I woke up with red puffy eyes.

Today’s Saturday thank goodness.

I told Aunt Gemi everything while she made hot cocoa for the both of us.

“Two blondes?! Who do they think they are?! Do you want me to punch them or what? Tie them or kick their ass?!” Aunt Gemi said while doing the punching movements.

I laughed.

This was why I always tell Aunt Gemi about my problems. She’s the best comforter you can ever find in this world.

“No, it’s okay.” I chuckled.

“But you have such great luck there.” Aunt Gemi winked.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked.

“Two hotties rescuing you? If I were you, I’d marry the both of them!” Aunt Gemi giggled.

“Crazy! No way.” I chuckled.

“But I think both of them likes you.” Aunt Gemi smiled.

“Chace and Blake? And Chace?! No way!” I said.

“But that Chace hugged you while you cried right? And Blake was the one who took you home yesterday? Isn’t that a beautiful sign that you’d marry one of them?” Aunt Gemi giggled.

“But I don’t think that’ll happen when the both of them hates my guts. Chace’s pretty cold a lot of times while Blake really hates me now.” I said.

“Why not cook them something?” Aunt Gemi suggested.

“Cook? Wait, bake right?” I laughed.

“Yeah yeah whatever. Bake then. Food will always be the best comfort. When you were a kid, I always let you eat some brownies then you’ll hug me so tight!” Aunt Gemi said.

“Brownies?” I said. That sound liked a good idea.

“Yeah, chocolate brownies. You loved those.” Aunt Gemi said while sipping some hot cocoa.

“Aunt Gemi you just gave me an awesome idea!” I said hugging her.

“I did? Well, of course I did!” She said hugging me too.

“I’ll just go to the grocery and buy some ingredients. See you!” I said running towards the door.

~~

“Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook. To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.”

I did all of what is written in my diary. I hope this goes well.

~~

Dear Diary, (Monday)

It’s been weeks since I’m in the school and at first, my only problem was Chace having the same school as me. But as time passed, everything became alright until the second activity in the academy. Leila and Lyka hates me for having Blake, Drew and Chace as my team mates in the academy. I mean, if they wanted them so much why not just flirt them til’ death? Oh wait, isn’t Mace they’re teammate? Wait, I never saw Mace in our class. Plus, I never saw him doing activities and such.. I only saw Mace in the library. Weird, I’ll just go ask him when I see him again. But this makes me wonder more about him. Mace is Chace’s cousin. Shocking I know. And now, Blake hates me and it’s killing me!Ugh.