Chapter 14: I Found You

Chapter 14: I found you

Chace.

“Will you really do it?!” Chace shouted at the room.

“I..I..” I gasped.

“Lyka, get out of here or I’ll report you.” That soft voice..Blake!

Lyka and Leila ran away leaving me in my smelly self and sticky feet.

I just stared blankly on the wall. They just heard what I said. I can’t believe this and why are they together?

“Lauren, are you alright?” Blake rushed towards me and helped me out of the sticky gum.

I tried pushing him away.

“I’ll do it on my own..” I said letting my voice trail off.

I can’t face them after what I said, I really can’t.

Suddenly, I felt someone splashed water on my feet and the gum sort of got soft and such so my feet were out after a few more splashes.

Blake was about to comfort me when I pushed him away and ran off.

I heard him call my name again and again but I just ignored it as I rushed off in the rain, finding anywhere to be alone.

I stopped on a woody forest. This must be the academy’s garden who knows. I don’t freaking care anymore!

It was past 7 already in the evening and I’m pretty sure the bus has already left me.

I was sulking wet and tired too. My hair was a huge mess and my jeans were sticky and muddy from all the running in the woods. This is crazy.

Suddenly, there was a sudden stop of rain at where I stood and then I realized someone was covering my head using an umbrella. The umbrella was dark blue and big.

Before I could turn around, the one holding the umbrella spoke.

“Cry it out.”

Chace.

That deep and cold voice only belonged to him. That voice I hate a lot was the one thing that didn’t made me felt more frustrated than I was already. That one person I hate the most was standing behind me covering me from the rain and telling me one thing I hated to hear the most. But what I hate to hear the most was the only thing I wanted to do now.

Tears started stinging my eyes and after a while, tears were rolling down my face.

Chace bent down and his head rested on my shoulder then he whispered to my ears, “Let it all out.”

“Chace...” I whispered.

“It’s alright.” Then he dropped the umbrella.

“What are you-” He cut me off.

His arms felt warm, no wait, he felt warm. His body was really built and I felt so small but I fit in his body like a key and he’s the lock.

His arms were clasped together behind my back and my hands were on his hard chest. I closed my eyes and tears started filling my eyes. He tightened his hug as my cry grew louder and louder and since it was raining like crazy, no one could hear me.

“I’m sorry...” I murmured.

“It’s alright. I know how you feel.” I whispered in my ears.

“You do?” I whispered back and pushing him away a bit to see his face.

“I do.” He smiled for the first time at me.

What did he mean by that?

After a while, we decided to get back to the main grounds of the academy and we saw Blake wet like us.

“Lauren! Thank God you’re alright! I thought I couldn’t find you anymore!” Blake ran towards me and hugged me so tight.

Blake’s hug felt so electrifying! Maybe it’s because of the rain or something. But my heart was electrify though.

“Bla-blake!” I shouted as loud as I could but it seems like I didn’t have the energy anymore.

“I’m so-sorry! I didn’t mean that.” He blushed letting me go.

Blake’s glasses were already so foggy. It made me wonder if he could see anything at all.

“I’ll take you home.” Blake offered me.

“See you at the dorm.” Chace waved goodbye then I left with Blake.

Blake’s car was at the parking lot of the academy. He opened the car door at the back and threw me his jacket.

“You’re cold aren’t you.” Blake said while walking towards me.

He opened the car door for me and I went it.

Blake’s so nice and I can’t help but feel a bit attracted towards him. I mean, he may have glasses but he honestly looks more handsome than Drew and he’s body is more built.

“Where to?” Blake asked without looking at me.

I took out my phone and handed it to him. My address was written there in case of any emergency.

Blake started his engines and after a second, we were out of the academy.

We were already on the highway and I felt a bit awkward.

Blake’s so silent. He hasn’t said a word to me after leaving the academy. Is he mad? I mean, this silence of his felt so sad..

“Blake.” I said with all my might.

He didn’t respond.

Okay, he is definitely mad. I mean who wouldn’t? I ran out of the room like some psycho and he even tried to run after me but it was raining hard. Oh wait!

I forgot to thank Chace. Ugh. What’s up with me?!

But for now, I have to worry about Blake.

20 minutes has passed. I still hadn’t said anything except for his name. Lauren, you’re so good promise.

“We’re here.” Blake said coldly.

“Blake..I’m.” Lauren say it! “I’m sorry..”

Tears started again.

“Sorry, I’ll go now.” I said before I could make things worse.

“Wait.” Blake said touching my hand.

I turned to him waiting for his answer.

“Nothing. See you at school.” Then he turned away.

I sighed then went out of the car. I said my thanks then waved goodbye.