Chapter 3: My Aunt's House

After the tour in the academy, I rode the bus that will drop us off at the France Central Station.

I was going to live with my Aunt Gemi. She’s my mother’s sister.

She lives in an old apartment near the station and the mall so I was really excited to see the place. Note about me, I love shopping but I think I love eating more. Hmm.

“Hooooop! This our stop!” The bus driver shouted.

We all got down and by we, I mean the four of us, wow. So I guess out of 25 passengers, 21 were filthy rich because they were all in the dorm.

I took my black luggage and my orange hand bag on to my shoulders and searched for Aunt Gemi.

Aunt Gemi, as far as I could remember, is at her forty maybe, she has black straight hair and is a bit chubby but she’s tall. Big black eyes, and her thick lips.

I waited at the bench inside the station.

Many people were walking so fast, I guess they must be going to work or just finished their lunch break because it’s almost 1 in the afternoon.

Speaking of lunch, I’m hungry...oh wait, make that starving.

I waited for Aunt Gemi for about 10 minutes and she isn’t here yet. She must be running late. I really got to buy France’s mobile card.

“Lauren!” Someone shouted from a far. I kept on searching for Aunt Gemi, who else would it be, and can’t see any sign of her.

Oh there she is! “Aunt Gemi!” I ran after her and gave her a big warm hug.

“Oh my Lauren, you have grown! You’re so beautiful. You look like you’re mom.” She said while touching my cheeks.

“Thank you. So, let’s get going?” I said. “I’m starving.”

“Well you haven’t change one bit! I remember before visiting you and the first thing you said when you saw me at the door was food. You have to control your eating habits if you don’t want to become a sumo wrestler!” She joked.

I just laughed and strolled my luggage to where we were going.

We turned left then straight ahead then after a few minutes, we arrived at a thin, brick-styled apartment that has I guess, four floors?

There was a 5-step stairs before you get to the door and after dragging my luggage all the way up, we stopped and Aunt Gemi took out her four-silvered keys then opened the metallic door. Oh cool, there was a security camera at the left side of the door.

We went in this skinny corridor and there was a counter with a man wearing a guard’s suit who greeted us, “Good afternoon there.”

“Good afternoon, this is my sister’s daughter, Lauren.” Aunt Gemi said.

Aunt Gemi was really friendly that’s what made her standout more in the family. My mother was a shy type but my dad was a party man so they were total opposite.

After that very nice introduction, we went to the elevator and Aunt Gemi pressed “Three”.

After a few minutes, we went out and started walking a bit more then we stopped at a metallic door again. Once open, Aunt Gemi helped me with my luggage.

“Welcome home dear.” She said and she took out an extra slipper though I did bring one just in case. Aunt Gemi lived alone because her husband already died just a few years back because of having a car accident and ever since then, Aunt Gemi never owned any car anymore. She just used the transportation available here in France. She works as a photographer here in France that’s why her home has so many photography. It was a simple place but I felt home.