Chapter 23: Practice Sessions

I woke up around 6 in the morning and I immediately showered before Leila and Lyka wakes up. I told you, I don’t trust them. I put locks on my things and all my valuables are always with me anywhere I go even when I’m having a shower. They might pull some pranks you know.

After showering, I wore my yellow beige ruffles shirt then my skinny jeans along with my brown leather boots. I wore my ‘owl’ necklace so I won’t look underdressed then I got my school bag then headed to the school’s cafeteria to grab some muffin then head my way to the blue house.

It was around 7 in the morning already when I arrived at the school’s garden. Classes starts at 8:30 in the morning so I was early. Lyka and Leila wakes at 7 in the morning that’s why I wake up an hour before them.

I lied down in the grass and ate my muffin as I look at the clouds floating in the sky.

“Hey.”

I sat up and looked at Chace.

“Hey there.” I said as I tucked the strands of hair in my face at the back of my ear.

He sat beside me and we both lie down the grass and looked at the sky.

“Thanks.” He suddenly said.

“For what?” I asked.

“The tropical smoothie.” He said.

“Oh.”

“It tastes..good. You’ve improved.” He said.

“Oh, thanks.” I said.

“And.”

“And?”

“Thanks for coming over..you know, convincing me.”

“Sure.” I smiled.

~~

“Welcome back, Chace!” Drew patted Chace’s back.

“Thanks.” He coldly replied but he was smiling.

“You’re good Lauren.” Blake said.

The door suddenly opened and it was Mrs. Flinston.

“Announcement!” She shouted.

We all looked at her waiting for the oh-so-announcement.

“Since Mace showed absurd behaviour, I decided to send him back to the ordinary classes. He’ll have to find another way to get back into the tournament but now, it’ll be you four only.”

“Yes!” We all shouted at the room.

“Now now! Back to classes!” Mrs. Flinston clapped her hands to get our attention and we all sat at the big couch available for us.

“Now, the tournament is something you all should be aware of. It isn’t just silly game. Once you win the competition, you will be able to own a cafe shop of your own because you will immediately get a diplomat that you’re a certified pastry chef!”

“You’ll be competing with ten groups all over the world. There’s so many possibilities so give it all your best! I want you guys to practice teamwork, cleanliness in your works, smells if a product is good or not and the taste of a food without looking.”

“So what do we practice first?” Drew asked.

“Smell.”

Mrs. Flinston took us to the old building we used to study at then we went to the equipment room and began our training.

Mrs. Flinston gave us four lettuces and told us which is better to be used.

I smelt the first one, second one, third one and the last one.