Chapter 32: First Round Of The Tournament

I woke up around seven in the morning and I saw Lyka and Leila already left.

I hurriedly showered and fixed myself and headed for the old building we used to study at.

I ran to the third floor where the tournament is to be held.

“Hey! You ready?” Blake smiled. He was at the door waiting for someone I guess.

“Maybe. I don’t know.” I said sheepishly.

“Don’t worry, we’ll make it.” Blake winked at me.

“Yeah, I hope so.” I smiled my very best.

We both went in then I saw Drew and Chace there.

Chace seems worried while Drew is kind of nervous? I don’t get their faces.

There were so many people here all from different countries.

Some looked like Taiwanese and some Singaporeans. Some from America and England, also from UK. Mostly they were girls and few guys.

Blonde hair guys, dark black haired guys, curly brown hair girls, straight short hair girls, all kinds are here.

“Seems we’ve got a tough competition.” Chace suddenly said.

“Everyone! Please listen up! The competition would be starting after this announcement.” The principal announced.

Everyone turned to that attention and waited for the real speaker to speak.

“I’m David Jack, I will be one of your speakers and judge for today!” David Jack announced.

I heard some chattering and heard one say that he’s pretty good at judging. He’s been judging these kinds of tournaments for over 10 years already.

“I’ll be introducing to you the other two speakers then!” Then he pointed at the first one whose Mrs. Smith! “She’s Marielle Smith, the owner of the cafe amethyst!”

“Next, would be Henrick Yam.” Then he pointed to a guy who seems very serious.

I heard more chattering.

He’s the strictest critique here!

Can we be able to surpass him?!

We might be eliminated on the first round!

Hearing these comments, my stomach is churning like crazy!

“Relax, we’ll be fine.” Drew patted my shoulder to relax me a bit.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“Now, for the rules of the tournament.” David Jack handed the mike to the principal.

He coughed first before speaking, “The first round would be about your sense of taste. Now, the minimum of members per group is three. So, I would like you all to have three members enter the first round for those who have four members.”

“So, who’ll be the one? The first tournament is about sense of taste. Chace should go.” I insisted.

“I’ll go.” Blake suggested.

“Who’ll be the other one?” I asked.

“Lauren, you can do this.” Drew smiled at me.

“You sure?” I gasped.

“You’re capable. Come on!” Chace pulled me by the arm and we ran to the front and so as the other contestants.

Mace, Lyka and Leila were there, smirking at us. This is going to be bad.