Chapter 10: First Activity Spoiled

At the end, we all decided to call it a day because when we started to practice, we couldn’t even concentrate. Drew and Blake weren’t in good condition so I told them to go take a rest. While me? Well, I couldn’t get over with what Chace told me.

Do you think that I’m easily bullied? What in the world is his problem. I mean, I get the fact that he didn’t get his girl before, but does he need to be like that? To be that rude? To be that arrogant?

What I can’t believe the most is that he said sorry.

What was that sorry for when he is going to insult me again?!

“Lauren!” I turned around and saw Blake running towards me.

“Hey, you alright?” I asked him.

“Yeah, thanks.” He smiled.

I suddenly felt my heart warmed up. Every little thought I had in my mind disappeared.

“For what?” I asked so that we don’t go awkward.

“For hearing me out yesterday.” He said while patting my head. I look like a dog right now.

“Oh, that was nothing.” I smiled. “Friends help each other, right?”

“Yeah.” He’s still smiling and patting my head.

“Lauren! You ready?!” Desiree shouted across the hallway of the classrooms then suddenly saw us.

Thank goodness she came or else I’ll still be standing there like an idiot letting a guy pat my head.

“Yeah I am.” I smiled at her and Blake took off his hand on my head.

“Let’s go then.” Drew whispered in my ear and that gave me goose bumps!

“Hey!” I shouted at him.

They all kept laughing and we proceeded to the laboratory. Drew didn’t tell Desiree about what happened yesterday. He said that all that they said was top secret and they trusted me.

We all went up and went to our respective groups. Oh yeah, I was grouped with Chace the oh-so-mr.-arrogant.

“Today, we’ll be baking chocolate pudding.” Mr. Lee said. “Here’s the ingredients.”

Then he gave each group the stuffs they needed plus the ingredients. Cool. We don’t need to go up!

“What’s first?” Drew asked.

“Melt the chocolate with the coffee then put it in an ice cube. Freeze it until hard.” I said reading from the paper.

I continued reading while Drew and Blake made the preparations while Chace did his own work.

“Aren’t you going to do this with us?” I asked him.

“What do you think?” He said.

“You could have told the principal that you worked alone right?” I said.

“I wish that was allowed.” He answered.

This guy is getting on my nerves.

I didn’t answer him. But while I was boiling the chocolate with the butter, I suddenly lost concentration then it made the chocolate boil too much! Oh great!

“Oh no.” I whispered to myself.

“It’s okay. Take your time.” Drew smiled at me.

I did it again and this time, I burned myself!

“Ouch.”

“You alright?” Blake came near me and put some medicine in my hands then a band aid. “You sure you want to continue this? I mean we can bake it if you want.”