Chapter 29: Hurts More Than A Scar

Today’s Monday again and two weeks before the tournament.

I opened the door and saw Blake and Drew seated on the couch looking so bumped.

“Hey.” I waved at them.

They smiled at me then went back to staring at the wall.

Who wouldn’t be gloomy after knowing Mace joined the tournament with Leila and Lyka as his team mates? Shocking right? Leila and Lyka paid a big amount of money just to join and got the approval of another school. I didn’t know what convinced those two, but it must be something they really desire.

“I can’t believe that Mace.” Blake sighed.

“Who does?” Drew sighed as well.

The door opened and Chace and Mrs. Flinston went in.

I looked away and Chace sat across me. Ugh! Why is he making this complicated?!

“So, will be beginning our practice again, shall we?” Mrs. Flinston announced and we all stood up and went to our normal positions during class.

~~

After class, we all sat at the couch.

“Chace, do you know already?” Drew asked.

“About Mace? Yeah.” He answered flatly.

“Aren’t you worried?” Drew asked him.

He didn’t respond and just looked away.

“We can do it.” I smiled at Drew.

“Yeah, you’re right. With just enough practice, we’ll really aced that tournament!” Drew smiled showing his pearly whites.

Chace smirked.

We all turn to look at him.

“Do you think Mace is an easy opponent?” Chace said then he looked at me in the eyes. “Mace does everything to win.”

“So you’re saying we can’t do it?” I replied back staring back at him.

“Do you think you can?”

“Chace! Stop it!” Blake shouted standing up.

I stared at him with so much hurt in my heart.

Do you think you can?

“Yes!” I shouted while tears flowed through my eyes.

They all looked at me, shocked while Chace looked at me like I was some trash.

I looked at him and it made him gasped.

“Do you think I can’t reach my dreams right? That I’m just a stupid student asking you from the first time we met how did you do that mousse?! Say it all you want! Say it!” I cried.

Tears continued and it became more and more as I tried to speak.

“I..”

“I want to become a pastry chef and in the future, I’ll be better than you!” I shouted then ran out of the blue house and stopped at the door to hear what he has to say.

“Chace, that was too much.” I heard Blake told him.

“You didn’t need to be so hard on her. She’s pretty good too at baking so don’t just insult her.” Drew calmly said.

“I’m just telling her the truth.” Chace replied.

“In a mean way? Seriously?” Blake sarcastically said.