Chapter 1: Flight To France

Gate 10 is now boarding

I stood up from my seat and dragged my black luggage to the boarding counter.

“Have a safe trip!” A beautiful stewardess with long, curly hair said as she took the boarding ticket from my hand.

I smiled and headed to the airplane and as I walked through the pathway to the airplane, I kept on thinking about what will happen tomorrow, the day after that, the day after two days, the week after that, and the month after that and so on!

Yeah, I was THIS excited. It was killing me you know. The part I have to stop myself from smiling and end up looking like a total weirdo.

“What’s your seat number?” A short haired stewardess asked me.

“Um...15C.” I said.

“Right this way, miss.” She said leading me to my seat.

Ah yes, window aisle. Just the way I want.

I sat there and looked at view outside. Soon, I’ll be in France. Studying at the most awesome culinary university: Gourmet International French Culinary Academy. It’s long but AWESOME!

Those who graduated after studying there ended up being successful pastry chefs unless you are some type of person who’s not good in business or such then that would be an exception.

I decided to sleep because the flight to France from Taiwan would be long. 13 hours and 40 minutes.

I tried to sleep but I can’t. Not because of excitement, but because of irritation with my seatmate.

He, yes a guy, was playing with the chair and it’s bugging me since it’s so noisy and it feels like I’m seated in a rollercoaster!

When I turned to him, I couldn’t help but stare.

Oh-my-gawd. He’s-so-H-O-T.

Wait! Lauren, STOP!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you who I am.

The name’s Lauren Tiffany Finn. I’m an 18-year old teenager. I have a long brownish and wavy hair and oh, don’t forget my wavy, side bangs. My eyes are big brown! I don’t have dimples sadly. I’m 5 feet 3 that’s why I wear heels to look taller. I’m not fat but not thin, just average size. But sometimes, I look at myself like an obese person. Insecurities nowadays. I love eating cakes, muffins, cupcakes, and other sweet things that’s why I want to be a pastry chef. I want to live in a world baking and eating non-stop with food.

One more thing, it’s not like I haven’t fallen in love or what, actually, I had. But only twice. Why twice? Well, let’s say I was stupid and hard-headed and never listened to my heart whenever it tells me to STOP. STOP. STOP. After two incidents, I never attempted to do it again. What’s the sense of getting hurt again and again and sacrificing yourself when those two incidents on love where all just a LIE? Yes, you heard me, I was played twice for heaven’s sake! I sacrificed my dream for a stupid game! I think you now understand why I don’t want to fall in love ever again right?

Anyways, back to reality, Lauren STOP gawking at this black haired guy, big green eyes, oh my, he has dimples when he smiles! But he’s like a kid! But he looks like the same age as me or older. Lauren, you should be angry not happy that you met a kiddy boy thinking you’re the same as him because you have this same kiddy attitude as him except he’s worse!

“Hello there.” He said with a smile when he caught me staring at him.

“Oh, um, hey, um, could you..um.” Lauren say it! Say not play with that because I want to sleep! Say it!