Chapter 20: Changes

No way..

It can’t be!

Am I dreaming?

Is this really reality?!

My eyes widened as we opened the envelope and found four forms with our names on it!

“No way!!!!” I shouted.

“Yes Blake! We did it!” Drew hugged Blake. They were shouting for joy.

Chace smiled and high fived the boys.

“But you’re going to study in another building and Lauren, you need to sleep in the dorms. Don’t worry, the school will pay for your expenses since you’re one of the candidates of the chef-to-go.” Mrs. Flinston said.

Dorms?

Oh this is so cool!

I can’t believe my dreams are beginning to come true!

“Now, go fill up the forms and get your things ready. Lauren, you’ll move in starting tomorrow.”

~~

“Wow! What kind of luggage is this?!” Blake and Chace both shouted at me.

“Uh, well?” I smiled.

A luggage and just a handbag. What’s up with that? Oh, don’t forget aunt Gemi’s study table!

“You are really going to bring that?!” Drew gasped.

“Come on! I love Aunt Gemi’s study table!” I said.

“Now now Lauren, it’s fine. Leave it to me.” Aunt Gemi said.

“Really? I can really bring it you know.” I said.

“It’s fine dear. I want you to go and fulfil your dream! You are not coming back home not unless you’re a chef! Okay?” Aunt Gemi hugged me so tight. Tears were starting to fall in our eyes.

After the hugging and crying, I finally waved goodbye then went to the academy’s bus with my luggage.

“I wonder who’ll be my roommate.” I said.

“I think they’ll be nice. Three per room or two.” Blake said.

We got to the academy in less than an hour since today’s Saturday so lesser traffic at around this hour which is 2 in the afternoon. I wonder who’ll be my roommates? I can’t wait!

“Oh there you are Lauren!” Mrs. Flinston said when I got down the bus.

Chace carried/towed my luggage to me. “Thanks.” I said.

“Now here’s your room card key. The boy’s can’t go with you since it’s the girl’s dorm.” Mrs. Flinston said.

So I went to what my room key says, room 413. I wonder who’ll be my awesome roommates!

I finally found my room and when I opened it, I saw two blondes making out with two boys from our class, Jason and Lawrence is the name I guess? Wait, two blondes?! Oh no no no no no no no! This can’t be happening!

“Uhhh!” Lyka shouted as she let go of the guy she was making out, ew. “What are you doing here?!”

“And what are you doing here?” I asked her.

“This is our room!” Leila shouted as she also pushed the guy she was making out with, uh, ew.

“Didn’t anyone inform you that I’ll be your new roomie?!” I said.

“No way! It can’t be you!” Lyka said.

“You two, out!” Leila commanded the two guys out.

I went in and closed the door. “You guys are gross.”

“Whatever loser.” Lyka said standing up and fixing her four buttons left polo that has six buttons to be exact.

“Hm, what if Blake knew about this? I just wonder. And Chace.” I said as putting down my handbag at the vacant bed beside the door.

“You wouldn’t!” Leila gasped.

“Yes, I would.” I raised my eyebrows.

“What do you want?! Money?” Lyka said.

“No, not money. I’m not just bought with you know.” I said.

“I know! Here’s a deal, we don’t mind you here. We don’t talk to you, etc. Just don’t tell Blake!” Lyka pleaded.

“No pranks or anything?” I asked.

“Yes, promise. I keep my word. So is it a deal?” Lyka asked with her eyebrows raised.

“Sure then.” I smiled and unpack my luggage.

~~

“You are roomies with the blondes?! What great luck you got.” Desiree said.

“I know right! Did I mention I had to put locks on everything I had or else they might do something bad.” I said.

“Wow, poor you Lauren. But I’ll miss you as my busmate in the mornings.” Desiree said then she hugged me.

“Awww, I’ll miss you too!” I said hugging her back.

“And during class you won’t be there anymore right?” Desiree asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be in the other building already.” I said.

“What’s the hugging about? I want to join in!” Drew said gesturing to us but Des and I avoided his arms.

“Aw, so bad.” Drew pouted.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked them as I laughed at Drew.

“We came here to tell you that it’s not just the four of us in the tournament.” Blake said.

“Who else?” I asked.

“Mace.” Chace said with hatred.

“No way! How come?!” I asked.

“Seems like he discovered us joining the tournament with the teacher’s approval so he made a dessert after class and gave it to Mrs. Flinston. Mace’s good with bribery.” Chace said.

“Wait, he wanted to join?” I asked.

“Well, whosoever person wants to join that tournament. That’s the ticket of becoming a pastry chef you know.” Desiree said.

“Wait, why am I the only girl?!” I asked.

Blake and Chace laughed.

“Well well, poor Lauren.” Drew said patting my head.

“Kidding aside, what do we do about Mace?” Blake asked.

“He seems nice. Why do you guys hate him?” I asked.

Blake, Drew and Chace looked at each other then looked at me.

“You’ll understand soon.” Chace said looking deep into my eyes.