Chapter 34: Second Round

☻ Lauren Finn ☻

No..

No way!

This is so not happening.

I have been panicking for the past ten minutes. You know why?

First, Blake is nowhere to be found. Secondly, Drew is missing too! What’s worse? The competition starts in twenty minutes!

“Lauren.” Chace called me.

Where the hell could they be?

“Lauren.” Chace said it in a stronger tone.

We should have never split up! We should have stayed together!

“Lauren! Get a grip!” Chace suddenly gripped both of my arms.

That’s when I finally notice him calling me.

I stared back into his green eyes that mesmerize me every time.

“Calm down! Okay? You need a clear mind to think well!” He scolded me.

I sighed.

He’s right, I’m over reacting.

“There’s no point in finding them. This might be one of Mace’s tricks and we can’t bother to lose okay? Blake and Drew will be fine.” Chace said nervously.

“Will the judges approve of two people at this round?” I asked.

“Well, they might think that Blake and Drew lost on the last round since it’s by individuality.” Chace explained.

I exhaled. Hope this will go well.

We went to our spot, Chace and I.

“Now for the second round, attention please.” The speaker announced.

Everyone’s attention diverted to the speaker and waited for him to speak.

“The second round would be all about choosing the ingredients. The judges would go to your counter then she/he will tell you what she/he wants you to cook and you only have limited time to choose the ingredients you will have to use. There’s no cooking involve. But you have to think fast of the recipe of that food.”

That would be hard if Chace and I were the only one doing this! We really need them.

Suddenly..

The door went wide open!

*Bang*

Our attentions were shifted to a man in a light brown cloak, big black shades, long brown boots, and a hat. He was very tall and fat.

“Sorry for being late.” He said in a deep voice.

“Are you supposed to be here?” One of the judges ask.

“Yes.” He answered.

“Then go to your respective group.”

He walked around the whole area and finally stop..

In front of us.

He suddenly lifted his head then smiled at us.

“The names Dew Berry.”

Drew!

“Shh though, Mace is hunting me.” Then he turned to the judges, “I’m here.”

“Okay then.” The speaker wasn’t sure of what’s happening I guess.

“Won’t he think you’re Drew?” I whispered him.

“No, I think. I look like a total stranger since I looked so obese.” He chuckled.