Chapter 40 ~ Face full of rainbow glitter

Dean woke up to a flurry of glitter in his face. He spluttered and spat before sitting up, only to see both Sam and Charlie standing in his bedroom.

"Happy Birthday!" Charlie cried, tossing another handful of glitter into Dean's face.

"Charlie, what the fuck!? Wait, what are you even doing here?"

"Obviously to celebrate your birthday, dumbass." Charlie replied, scooping up another handful of glitter. "Now if you say anything else in that tone, you'll get another handful of glitter to the face." 

Dean turned to face Sam, who smiled. "I invited her here Dean. I called her last night, asking her if she wanted to come over in the morning to celebrate your birthday." Sam glanced at Charlie, who still had a handful of glitter. "I wasn't expecting the glitter though."

Dean glanced at his brother, then turned his head to face Charlie. "Why did you even bring glitter, Charlie?"

"It's not just glitter, it's rainbow glitter. And rainbow glitter needs no reasoning." Charlie spoke, tilting her head to the side. She stood up, pouring what was in her hand back into the container of glitter she had brought with her. "Also, you're not going to school today. You, Sam and I are gonna go out to celebrate your birthday." Charlie then walked into the doorway, turning around to face both Sam and Dean. "Come on."

Dean huffed and pulled the sheets off of himself. Sam stood up and walked out of Dean's room to let him get dressed, closing the door behind him. Dean pulled on some jeans and a shirt, then walked out of his room while throwing on a jacket.

Charlie was raiding the cabinets, of all things. She quickly grabbed an apple from the cabinets, tossing it to Sam before she grabbed a chocolate bar from her pocket and started eating it. When Dean entered the room, she turned her head to face him.

"Hey, so, you driving or what?" She questioned with a mouthful of chocolate.

"I guess I can." Dean replied, glancing at Charlie. Dean grabbed his keys off the shelf in his room where he kept them, and then walked outside, where Sam and Charlie were now waiting. "Alright, where are we heading first?"

"I was thinking we go to the movies."

"No, no, we gotta stop for breakfast." Sam interjected, glancing at Charlie.

"Right! We gotta get breakfast. Either of you like IHOP?" Dean and Sam nodded, and Charlie smiled. "Perfect! IHOP it is then."

Dean then drove the three of them to IHOP. When they got there, the building wasn't too crowded, but wasn't anywhere near empty either. Dean, Sam and Charlie got a booth near a corner, and a waitress handed them their menus.

"Winter will be your server today." The waitress spoke kindly before walking off. Soon enough, a young, dark skin woman introducing herself as Winter walked over to them.

"Hello, my name is Winter, I'll be your server today. Can I start all of you off with a drink?"

"I'll have a sprite." Charlie spoke, looking at her menu.

Dean pointed to an option on his menu. "I'll have the root beer."

"Just a water for me." Sam said with a shrug.

The waitress nodded and walked off to get the drink orders. Meanwhile, Sam, Dean and Charlie eagerly talked about birthdays and recent movies. They soon agreed to go see Hidden Figures (wasn't Dean's type of movie but he figured he'd give it a try) and Charlie was talking nonstop about the movie.

The waitress soon returned with the three drinks, and pulled out her notepad almost as soon as she placed the third and final drink down.

"Alright, and what can I get the three of you to eat?" She asked, smiling.