Chapter 37 ~ Dressed like Christmas

Dean, Sam, Cas and Gabriel spent the next six hours binge-watching The Office on Netflix. During those six hours, they talked about the episodes they watched and even ordered a pizza, eating it while they watched the show.

They were so invested in the show they had even forgotten about the party that was that night, or that Charlie, Jo, Bobby, Benny and Kevin always met up at the Winchester house an hour or so before any of Lucifer's parties. At six pm, however, a loud knock came at the door, shaking all four of them out of their TV trance.

"That'll be our friends." Dean remarked as he jumped up and walked to the door. "They always come here before every party. Hey guys!"

Dean opened the door, to reveal Charlie, Jo, Bobby, Kevin, Benny and surprisingly Meg, who had shown up simply because there was going to be a party.

"Ay! I didn't know Gabriel and Castiel were here." Charlie exclaimed loudly as she walked inside and spotted the two. As she saw Gabriel snuggled up against Sam, she bit back a squeal.

"Oh yeah, they came here at 10 this morning." Dean remarked.

"You guys been binge-watching tv or something?" Charlie joked, sitting cross-legged on the floor. She had on a santa dress, her hair falling on both of her shoulders. She even wore black boots with white fur on the top.

"You're dressed like Christmas." Dean remarked, looking at Charlie's outfit.

"Tomorrow's Christmas Eve. I'm excused." Charlie shot back, a smile on her face. Suddenly, she grabbed Jo and pulled her closer. "Jo's dressed just I am, see? I'm not the only one."

"That's because you two have to match 24/7." Dean commented. "What, are you two girlfriends or twins?"

"Well at least I can have someone to kiss and match with." Charlie retorted, hugging Jo as Jo just sat there. Dean rolled his eyes, the slightest smirk on his face at the comment; Charlie didn't even know Dean did have someone to kiss and match with.

"When should we leave?" Bobby interjected, looking at Dean. "The party starts in an hour."

"Uh, I'd say right when the party starts." Dean replied, checking his watch. "Does that sound good to everybody?"

Just as everyone began nodding in agreement, Gabriel spoke up.

"Oh right, Cas and I have to be there early, so we should leave now. You guys can come with us, of course, but you'll just have to stand around until people start arriving." Gabriel remarked, sitting up.

"Alright, that sounds good to me." Dean spoke passively, turning to look at the others. "Everyone okay with that?"

"It's not quite the late entrance I wanted, but okay." Charlie spoke, her arms still wrapped around her girlfriend. When everyone stood up, Charlie kept her arms wrapped around Jo, who eventually pried Charlie off and bolted for the door before Charlie could rewrap her arms around her.

Everyone followed Dean outside, and they took Dean, Bobby and Benny's cars. Sam, Cas and Gabriel piled into Dean's car, while Charlie and Jo climbed into Bobby's car and Kevin and Meg went with Benny.

"Oh, I just remembered something." Gabriel cried as Dean began to drive. "Since you guys are coming with us, my brother will probably expect you to help prepare."

"He'll want us to help him?" Dean commented, an eyebrow raised.

Gabriel nodded. "His rule is if you're in the house you're helping to prepare. That's why most of us flee until around two hours before the party starts."

"You should probably text the others, tell them so they know." Sam remarked, and Gabriel nodded.

"Wait." Gabriel spoke suddenly. "I don't have any of their numbers, so you'll have to text them."