Chapter 21 ~ Movies

"Dean!" Cas cried, waving his hand as he walked over to Dean after school. It was now friday, and Cas was planning to spend the night after going to see the movie Sully with Dean.

"Cas! Hey!" Dean cried, waving his hand.

"Hey Dean! I brought my brother Gabriel along, he insisted. He threw another candy bar at Lucifer so he didn't want Lucifer driving him home." Cas explained, pointing at Gabriel, who was tagging along a few feet behind. Gabriel waved an arm as he followed closely behind Cas.

"Hello again Gabriel." Dean spoke, hesitance in his voice. Dean didn't completely trust Gabriel just yet, but then again, Dean never fully trusted many people to date his precious little brother.

"Gabriel?" Sam cried, stepping out of the car. He ran up to Gabriel with his arms held out. Gabriel ran to Sam with his arms out, and they met in a hug.

"They're disgusting." Dean remarked, eyebrow raised.

"I think it's cute." Cas spoke with a smile. "I haven't seen Gabriel this happy in over a year and a half, nearly two."

"Well Sam is happier than he's been in a while, so I'm happy about that. I'm just overprotective, I guess." Dean remarked with a shrug. A slight frown rested on his lips, but quickly turned into the smallest smile as he saw the smile on his brother's face as he hugged Gabriel.

Dean walked over to his car and climbed in, honking the horn at Sam and Gabriel.
"Alright you two, get in."

Sam and Gabriel climbed into the car, Cas right behind them. As soon as everyone was in the car, Dean drove home and dropped Sam and Gabriel off before driving him and Cas to the movie theater.

"Did your brother not want to go to the movies with us?" Cas questioned on the drive to the movie theater.

"He wanted to watch some TV show with Gabriel." Dean remarked, shrugging. "Did you bring money for movie tickets?"

"Yes, I did. I brought a total of $50 for tickets and snacks." Cas said with a nod, digging his wallet out of his trench coat's pocket. His wallet had a simple design: all gray with a pair of beautifully drawn black wings.

"That's an interesting wallet." Dean remarked, looking at Cas's wallet.

"Oh, this thing? Gabriel gave it to me for my fourteenth birthday. His wallet is similar, but has a light brown color with golden wings." Cas explained, stuffing his wallet back in his pocket.

"Alright then. Now, let's get some tickets." Dean announced, locking the car before walking up to the movie theater.

Cas took out $20 and purchased both of them tickets for the movie, leaving them with $30 for snacks. Cas purchased a thing of popcorn and a soda, while Dean got some candy and a soda. They walked into their movie theater right on time for the previews to start. Dean and Cas both turned their phones off and found seats in the front row, per Dean's request. The front row had recliners, so Dean had begged to sit in the front row. Cas had gone along with Dean simply because he didn't have a preferred row. They watched through the previews, and the movie finally started.

~~~~~

"So, what do you want to do now?" Dean questioned, looking at Cas as they walked out of the movie theater. Cas shrugged, and was about to say something when his entire body tensed. Dean took notice, and turned to look in the direction that Cas was looking in.

Dean suddenly saw a girl that he presumed Cas was looking at. She had reddish hair tied in a bun, and was talking to Anna from Dean's English class.

"Let's go." Cas whispered, tugging at Dean's jacket. Dean glanced at the girl one last time before Cas suddenly grabbed his arm and led him back into the theater.

"Who was that? And why did we run away?" Dean inquired, looking at Cas.

"The one with reddish brown hair? That was Naomi. She's my brother's boyfriend's younger sister, and my ninth grade bully." Cas muttered, narrowing his eyes. "I hate her."

Dean raised his eyebrows, looking from Cas to the door that led outside. "She bullied you?"

Cas nodded, glancing warily at the door. "I don't like talking about it. It wasn't a good time."

They both quickly turned the corner when they saw Naomi walk through the door. They retreated to the men's bathroom and waited until Naomi was out of sight, before quickly running outside.

"Thanks for going along with me." Cas spoke in a soft voice.

'Well you said you hate her. I'm not gonna force you to run into someone you hate." Dean said with a shrug. "I've had my share of hating people. I know what it's like to hate someone like that. I wouldn't want you to run into her, if she bullied you."

"Thank you." Cas spoke, looking up at Dean, who had a small smile on his face.

"Now come on, I can drive you back to my place." Dean suggested, grabbing his keys. Cas followed Dean out to his car, and Dean drove them both back to the Winchesters house.

When they got back, Sam was asleep on the couch and Gabriel was sitting next to him, Sam's head resting on his shoulder as he watched TV. Dean and Cas sat down on another couch, and they both began watching TV, both of them content as could be.

Cas and Dean are now officially good friends! Also, heads up, but one of them might fall a little by Chapter 25. Anyways, enjoy this chapter!
~ Liz