Chapter Thirty-Two

"How am I supposed to know what to pack if you don't tell me where I'm going?" I asked Naomi as she sat on my bed. I exited my closet holding two dresses. One was formal, one was more provocative.

"Bring both." She smiled at me. I threw both dresses at her and she folded them into my suitcase on the floor. I was blindly trusting her judgement that I wouldn't look out of place. It took almost two hours of rummaging through my closet to have enough outfits for an entire week. Isaac knocked on my open bedroom door signaling he was here.

"Good morning, I got you guys some coffee and pastries if you're hungry." He looked around my room and was clearly amused by how chaotic it looked.

"Thank you." I said sitting on top of my suitcase trying to zip it up.

"Here let me help."

I stood and watched as Isaac effortlessly zipped it up. I would have got it eventually. I followed Naomi out into the kitchen where our coffees were waiting. I opened the brown paper bag and pulled out two cheese danishes. I tossed them in the toaster over to heat them up while I sipped on my vanilla latte. Isaac came out of my room a minute later rolling my suitcase and setting it by the front door. He looked sad when he sat at the barstool next to me.

"I don't want to go, I'm going to miss you so much. I don't think I can bare not seeing you for an entire week." He said placing his head into his hands.

"I'll miss you too, but please try to enjoy yourself." I said rubbing his back. "Do you at least know where you're going?"

He shook his head slightly. I guess the responding parties vowed to keep it a secret from us until we arrived. I know the anticipation was killing him as much as it was killing me.

"Naomi, do you know where I'm going?" He asked lifting his head to look at her.

"Yep." She said before popping a bite of the danish into her mouth. "But I'm not telling you." She said in between bites.

Isaac placed his head back into his hands and we laughed. He has been moping around all week, begging to stay home. We could use some time apart and I was looking forward to this vacation with my best friend. I finished my coffee before throwing the empty cup into the trash.

"What time does your flight leave?" I asked sitting back next to Isaac.

"7:00 a.m." he groaned. "And no, I don't know which airport, or I would have looked up all departing flights."

"Oh, stop crying Isaac. Marco assures me that you're going to love it. Don't worry, I'll take care of Jess." Naomi said patting his arm.

"That's why I'm worried." Isaac said standing from his chair. He pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you Jess, please text me when your plane lands."

He lifted my chin before kissing me gently. It felt wrong as our lips molded together but I allowed it regardless. I wouldn't see him again until we got back and part of me was going to miss him. Naomi and I spent the rest of the morning packing up half of my apartment before we made our way to her house. She insisted that I spent the night with her, so I wouldn't sleep through my alarm in the morning. We were scheduled to leave around 11:00 a.m. She had no faith in me.

"I hope you don't mind, I invited Marco over for dinner, so I could see him before he left." Naomi said rolling one of my suitcases to the corner of the living room.

"No, I don't mind at all. What are you cooking?"

"I have no idea, I figured you could help me out with that, Chef." Naomi smiled plopping down on the couch. "I want to impress him."