Chapter Two

As I stepped through the threshold my senses are immediately assaulted. A mouth watering smell wafted through the foyer, making my stomach growl loudly. The men chuckle softly drowning out the soft music that played from the kitchen to the left. My eyes roamed, taking in the beauty of his home. To the left of me stood a spiral wooden staircase leading up two levels above us. Against the cream colored walls hung years of family portraits, portraying a happy, wealthy family. While appreciating the interior of his home, warm hands landed against my tense shoulders, slowly slipping my coat off. I tilted my head to the left to see Alexander smiling.

"I'll take that for you." He breaths against the side of my neck. I allow him to take my coat before walking to Isaacs side. "Isaac, why don't you show Jessica around. Dinner will be ready in a minute."

Isaac's bright smile takes my immediate focus and I place my hand in his as he leads me up the stairs. Every inch of Alexanders home screamed rich and I felt miniscule as we ventured down the hallway. Curiosity got the best of me as we passed several doors until we reached the last one on the right. An embarrassed look plasters against Isaacs face as he reaches for the door handle.

"This is my old bedroom." He states before opening the dark mahogany door. I step side, anxious to get a glimpse into his childhood.

The walls were painted a royal blue shade that held posters of various bands and swimsuit models. It was nothing short of a typical boy's room and I ventured further. There were several sports magazines and model cars lined against the bookshelf next to the pillared window. Next to that stood a metal desk, completely empty, other than a framed photo of young Isaac. I smiled and picked up the frame to inspect it further. It was of a young boy sitting upon his mother's lap, glancing into her eyes with happiness. Behind them stood a much younger Alexander, his smile full of joy as he wraps his arms around his family. Undoubtedly, Isaac gets his genes from his father. They were both handsome and rugged, full of charm and love.

"Cute kid huh?" Isaac asks from behind me. I jump in my skin before placing the photo back against the desk.

"A little on the chubby side, but adorable nevertheless." I tease, turning around into his arms.

"I can't wait until the day you have our child. I hope he or she looks just like you."

I swallow the lump in my throat as the mention of children sets my nerves on fire. I ignore his comment and place a small kiss against his cheek before following him out of the room. We spent the next half an hour touring his enormous home before making out way through the kitchen. Just like every room we ventured in tonight, the kitchen was immaculate. I was in awe as I ran my hands across the black marble counter tops, watching the cook staff finish up dessert. The stainless steel appliances appeared to be from a high-end restaurant, as did every other inch of the kitchen. My heals clicked against the tiled floor as Isaac led me through a set of doubled doors on the opposite side of the room.

As we entered the dining room, I spotted Alexander standing at the head of the table. His smile brightened the dark room, as we took our seats. The large dining room table was completely made of glass, holding at least six chairs on either side. The fireplace in the corner crackled in the silence as we filled our plates. Isaac and I sat opposite of each other, while Alexander sat between us at the head of the table. I felt comfortable in their presence as we all began to eat. I couldn't help but wonder where Maria, Isaac's mother, was at tonight. As if reading my thoughts, Isaac voiced his concern to his father.

"She's on a business trip upstate, she won't be back for a few days." Alexander answered with a distasteful look on his face. Isaac took notice of his change of mood and quickly changed the subject.