Chapter Eighteen

I woke in a much better mood than when I fell asleep. I stretched my arms above my head before sitting up in bed. I glanced towards my left and realized that Isaac was gone. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I get out of bed and head into the living room to search for him. After looking in all the rooms, I came to realize my home was empty, Isaac was nowhere to be found. I walked back into my bedroom to grab my phone off the charger and noticed a couple new text messages.

Isaac: I had to go into work for a few hours. I love you, call me later.

I sent out a quick reply.

Me: I love you too. Have a great day.

I open the chat from Naomi.

Naomi: Wake the hell up.
Naomi: Let's go shopping.
Naomi: If you don't respond to me in the next thirty seconds, I'm coming to drag you out of bed.
Naomi: On my way.

Shit. Just as I finished reading her text messages, I hear a loud banging on my front door. I throw my phone onto the bed and walk over to the door to let her in. As soon as I open the door, Naomi barges in with her hands on her hips.

"It's about time you wake the hell up." She states marching into the kitchen to grab herself a drink.

"Good morning to you too." I murmur. I shut my front door and head into the kitchen to grab a drink as well.

"So, have you decided what style dress you want to wear? Should we match, or do you want to do your own thing? I was thinking we can stop by Sephora while we're out, I need to get some new mascara and lip stick." She rambles while searching the cabinets for a snack.

"Sounds fun, let me go get dressed." I reply before running into my bedroom. I was thrilled to go shopping, wanting to look my best for Marcos party. I wish Alexander would have gave me conformation last night if he was going or not, but I guess we'll see.

I head into my closet to look for something comfortable and easy to get out of so when I try on dresses it won't take an unnecessary amount of time. After several minutes of rummaging through clothing, I decided on a causal nude halter dress. Considering that it hasn't snowed in a few days I grab a pair of matching heals and strap them around my ankles. I make quick work of my make up and throw my hair in a sock bun at the top of my head.

"Ready?" I ask Naomi as she stuffs her face with a raspberry danish. With her mouth full she nods her head at me and puts the remaining danishs back in the cabinet. I grab my car keys and black trench coat, locking the door on our way out.

"I'm impressed at how quickly you can get ready." She laughs.

"It's one of the many skills I acquired being friends with you."

Exiting the elevator, we enter the parking garage, our heals are echoing loudly with each step towards my car. My car was frosted over from the cold and it took almost ten minutes for it to warm up.

"I am so excited for a night out, I really need this." Naomi says buckling her seat belt.

"I know." I reply grabbing her hand for support. It's taking all my willpower not to tell her what Isaac told me last night. So, I focus on the drive instead. It wasn't a long drive to Manhattan Mall and I was parking my car before we knew it. Upon entering the mall, our first stop was at Starbucks. We both ordered a grande vanilla bean frappuccino and moved toward the side to wait for our order.

"I think I want to wear something flashy, something gold or sparkly." Naomi says. Her smile widens as she designs herself in her mind. "You never know, I might even take my chances with Alexander." She winks, grabbing our drinks from the counter. I suddenly erupt into an uncontrollable coughing fit.