Chapter Four

I woke up the next morning and groaned in pain. Ugh! I feel like I've been hit by a f**king truck. Yeah, I'm not going to school today. I feel like s***. Switching off my alarm clock so it won't go off again I dragged myself to my ensuite to grab a few painkillers before going back to bed. Picking up the water bottle on the bed stand, I swallowed a couple of pills before going back to sleep. When I woke up again I was feeling slightly better but my face still hurt like a motherf**ker. I got up and had a long hot shower before putting on a loose t-shirt and leggings. I purposely ignored the mirrors around me as I did not want to see how bad I looked.

I checked my phone and saw I had a message from Ryder. Opening it I tried to stop the happiness that was slowly building in my heart. Yeah, no thanks. Not in the mood to feel any of that s***.

Ryder: "You good?"

Me: "Yeah, I'm good."

Ryder: "No school today?"

Me: "Couldn't be f**ked, to be honest."

Ryder: "Let me know if you need me to come over."

I smiled slightly at his last message.

Me: "Mmmm, will do."

Smiling softly, I made my way to the kitchen as my stomach growled. Damn I'm hungry. Not in the mood to cook I just ordered some pizza and made my way towards the lounge. Finding nothing worthwhile to watch on TV. I connected my phone to Apple TV and scrolled around trying to find something decent. I decided to watch Naruto Shippuden for the millionth time. Damn am I glad I learnt Japanese, though not 100% fluent I knew just enough to enjoy anime, though the proverbs and slang got lost on me a few times. I did keep the subs on just in case I missed something. 20 minutes later my doorbell rang and I got up to pay for my food. 1 whole pizza later and 2 seasons finished, I stretched and got up. Cleaning up my mess, I looked around bored. Now what? It was only 4:30 in the afternoon and I had nothing to do.

Disconnecting my phone from the TV before heading towards the door. I pulled on some comfy sneakers before making my way towards my car. I had a few more hours of sunlight at least and decided to go into the forest. I pulled into an area near a track that runs through the forest. Making my way to the trunk of my car. I pulled out the art supplies, food and water I kept in there for occasions like this.

A short 15 minute walk on the track, I turned off the track and walked for another 15 minutes before I arrived at a high wall covered in thick foliage. I pushed through the foliage and smiled at what I saw. The area was covered in beautiful dark purple flowers. I have no idea what type of flowers they were but damn they looked amazing. The area was surrounded with huge rocks with an opening at the top that allows sunlight in.

Greenery covered the rocks and gave this place its privacy. On the other side of the meadow was a lake. A rocky shore surrounded the lake and crystal clear water filled it. It was so clear you could see all the way to the rocky bottom. Though I don't know how deep it really is, no matter how long I tried diving to the bottom of that lake I never reached it and trust me I can hold my breath for at least a good ten minutes. Underwater springs are the cause of this beautiful lake and runoff rainwater from the mountain helped fill the lake too. I'm not sure why the water is so clear but it was beautiful to look at.

I stumbled upon this place by accident when I was walking through the forest one day and got lost. I know weird right? Big girl likes to walk but it wasn't so much the walk I liked, it was being in the forest that I liked. It took me a few days of constant walking to find it again but once I did I never forgot the way.

Pulling off my bag, I grabbed out some water and chips and settled myself down beside the lake. I ran my fingers across the top of the lake and relaxed while eating my chips. I gulped down half of my water before shoving it and my empty chip packet into my bag. I pulled out my artbook opening it to a fresh page and began to draw.