Chapter Five

My hearing must be shot or maybe I've finally gone crazy. That has to be it because I did not just hear this idiot ask me to help him win a bet! Win a bet that will cause me nothing but more pain and I don't think I'll be able to handle that. It is painful enough to lock my emotions away as it is. Now, this fool wants to exploit them so he gets... wait? what does he get if he wins this bet? I eyed Lucas carefully making sure he was actually sitting there asking me a stupid question.

"What do I get out of it?" I asked him bitterly. Surprise flashed in his eyes before he flashed those mouth-watering dimples at me. "You get to date me of course." he said with that stupid cocky smirk on his face. I gave him a blank stare and his smirk widened. "What do you get if you win this bet?" I hissed at him. Lucas' face dropped slightly and I could tell he was starting to get annoyed with me not saying "Yes" straight away. Lucas is used to people running around like a chicken with its head cut off just to keep him happy. Well, you're in for a world of surprise Lucas, if you think I'm going to just say "Yes" to you without thinking this through.

Do you want to know what's really starting to piss me off though? Why the HELL am I thinking this through? I should just say no and kick him out of my house! Don't think for a second that I didn't notice him stealing food off MY plate either. The only reason I didn't rip out his throat for it is that I was too distracted by his stupid bet. No one and I mean NO ONE touches my food.

- You let Ryder touch your food. - The voice in my head whispered. - Shut up! I did not let him touch my food! He just took it, like this idiot sitting across from me. - I growled in my head. - You can't lie to me, I am you. - The voice replied with a sing-song tone. What the hell? Now I'm hearing voices in my head? Maybe I really have gone crazy. Awesome, thanks Lucas! Now you've gone and broken my brain.

Yes that's it! Lucas has broken my brain and that's why I'm thinking of saying yes to this deal. There are absolutely no other emotional feelings behind it. I don't feel emotions remember. - You do when Ryder is around. - The voice whispered at me teasingly. - Ah! I'm sorry but who the hell asked you?- I growled.

"And you're not listening to me again!" Lucas growled angrily at me. I snapped out of my head and gave him a sheepish look, which he just glared at. I gave him a dull look and motioned for him to keep talking. "Look. I know you don't trust me but we can both benefit from this bet. I mean people will stop bullying you because you're dating me and I'll get a new car plus a couple extra grand, that I could really use." He said almost pleading. Right I keep forgetting that Lucas isn't exactly in the rich department like my apparent family.

Hell, if anything, he was in the just above poor category. His friends however were all smoking rich but he never smooched off them and I had to give him some credit for that. Not many people would be able to handle having rich friends who got whatever they wanted and you barely had enough to feed your stomach.

"Look Lucas, why don't I just give you the money and I'll buy whatever kind of car you want? Let's just forget about this stupid... What? Why are shaking your head?" I asked cutting off my sentence. He was shaking his head so fast that I'm surprised the thing didn't go flying off his shoulders. I eyed him suspiciously and he kept avoiding my eyes. "Lucas?" I growled growing impatient. He sighed still not meeting my eyes.

"IfIdon'twinthebetIhavetobeJack'sslavefortherestoftheyear." He said in one breath. "Ooook, now this time take a breath and try again." I said not understanding a single word he said. He sighed heavily before meeting my eyes. "I said if I don't win this bet, I have to be Jack's slave for the rest of the year ok. And you and I both know that no one wants to be his slave. He may be my best friend but the dude is totally crazy and I'm not willing to risk being his slave for the year. So you have to help me win this bet." He said. I smirked at him and saw the fear flash across his face. He was right, no one would ever willingly want to be Jack's slave.