Chapter Two

There crouching down and staring right back at me, was one of the sexiest men I have ever seen. He was f**king delicious! My eyes travelled past his black wavy hair that fell over his ice blue eyes, down his straight nose, thick red lips that you just wanted to nibble on, over his neck that made me want to lick it for some reason, past his wide shoulders, thick tan arms and down to the hand holding my book, before flicking back up to his eyes. His eyes met mine again with a knowing smirk on his face. I kept my face blank as we both stood up, watching each other. He towered over me, standing well over six feet, causing a slight pain in the back of my neck. I took a step back, rubbing the back of my neck trying to ease the sudden tension. That'll get annoying.

"My bad, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." A deep voice rumbled. Damn! I just nodded, showing none of the confusion I felt inside, on my face. I kept my face blank as I looked down into my art book still in his hand, trying to distract myself. "It's cool." I mumbled back. What am I doing? Why am I acting weird? I watched in surprise as this unknown stranger opened my book and started looking through it. "What the hell? Give that back!" I growled in shock. Who the hell does he think he is to look through what's mine?! I grew more frustrated and angry when he simply turned slightly and held the book up higher so I couldn't reach it. I growled annoyed by his height.

"The f*** dude?! Give it back! Who the hell are you anyway?" I said, kicking his leg softly, trying to make him bend down. He bent down slightly but the book was still out of reach. He froze suddenly and then moved to show me a page. "Can I have this?" He asked showing me the random drawing I had done of a dragon and pushed his body close to mine. Seriously?! I fought back the shivers that wanted to slide down my back. Nope! Not having that! "If you give my book back, then yes." I grumbled, taking a small step away from him. He moved away, giving my book back with a glint in his eyes and a small knowing smirk on his lips.

Whatever. I looked down and slowly began ripping out the page in my book. "Ryder." He said interrupting me. I looked towards him confused before looking back down to my book. I didn't want to ruin this drawing otherwise I'm sure he'll make me draw it again and with my clumsy hands, I had to take it slow or that's exactly what I would do. "My name, it's Ryder." He said seeing my confused look. I gave a slight nod before smile softly when I finally managed to rip the page out without too much damage. "Veronica." I replied before shoving the paper in his chest. Blank face back in place, I reached down and grabbed my fallen bag before walking to my car.

Once outside my eyes caught sight of a sports bike parked next to my car. I was more of a Harley girl myself and this bike was definitely not a Harley. I had no idea what the brand was and to be honest I don't think I cared. It was dark blue and black with strips of silver running along the body of the bike. It had dark blue rims and I had to admit it was a sexy bike. I gave the bike a once over again before getting into my car and heading to Instinct.

Instinct was the only decent/licenced tattoo parlour in this small town. The workers at Instinct were some of the few people who tolerated me and that's just because they couldn't deny I have a talent for drawing. Don't get it wrong though, they never went out of their way to help me or anything like that. They just didn't insult or hit me when I was around them. The workers just let me draw in their kitchen and I would then hand over any designs they wanted to keep. I had a few tattoos of my own too, perks of being around tattoo artists all the time.

Crow or Dylan as I liked to call him, was the owner and the only person who was ever willing to give me tattoos which I was beyond grateful about. Dylan is good looking at 35 with auburn red hair and emerald green eyes. He stood somewhere around 5'9 with a slender build and tattoos covering his arms, chest, neck and back. The only reason I know this is because he is constantly walking around the shop shirtless! I wasn't complaining or anything, the artwork he had was beautiful but I did have a bad habit of calling him by his first name Dylan, though he didn't seem to mind all that much. I still didn't understand why people call him Crow when he looked nothing like one but I never really asked... soooo... whatever.