Chapter Twenty Four

Ryder kept his promise. He didn't approach me at all for the whole day. Hell I barely even saw him but I knew he was still around because I could feel his eyes on me every now and again. I had spent the whole day trying to figure out if I was willing to try one last time with Ryder.

Sure every time I did, things kinda blew up in my face but I can't help wanting to go back. Something about him keeps drawing me back to him. Which I know is crazy because the life he's in can't be very safe. I'll be in constant danger if I stay with him. Would I be willing to do that? Could I handle all the secrets that come with that life? Because let's face it, there will be some things Ryder won't be able to tell me. Some things he'll need to keep hidden to protect himself and his brothers. Ugh!

So annoying! I mean honestly. I would do a better job at protecting that damn MC from the government anyway. Other clubs... yeah... I'll leave that to them. I kept to myself most of the day and just kept thinking. "Full of shit. You know you're going back to him." That annoying voice teased. You know what. You need to go away! Who? Who is going back there?! My heart squeezed at the thought of not giving Ryder another chance. Damn you! Fine. Let's try this one more time.

**

My anxiety was eating away at me by the time the bell rang for the end of the day. Hurry up! I need to go see what Ryder wants! The bell finally rang and I quickly made my way out of the classroom. Not caring at all what the teacher was saying. I quickly made my way out of the building and there he was, leaning against my car. A wide smile graced my face as I quickly made my way towards him. I felt his eyes on me the whole way and my smile brightened.

"Ry..." I whispered as I stopped in front of him. He moved suddenly and slammed his lips against mine. I jumped in surprise but soon relaxed, kissing him back. Ryder finally pulled back, his hands holding my face. I moaned softly in protest and looked up at Ryder with a soft pout. He smirked and kissed me softly before pulling back and his eyes flashed. My hands had somehow found their way to his hips and I pulled on his shirt. "Ry..." I whispered quietly. We had somehow been kissing for so long that the carpark was almost empty.

"Soon Kitten. We need to talk first." Ryder's rough voice growled. I frowned in protest and decided to just hug him for now. "Talk huh? Are we actually going to be able to do that this time?" I mumbled while tightening my hold on Ryder. Ryder chuckled and ran a hand down my back. I shivered at the touch and pulled back slightly so I could look up at Ryder. "Let's go yeah? Race you to that meadow?" Ryder challenged. I turned to his bike and then back to my car. "Not very fair but I'm up for a challenge." I smirked. "I'll give you a head start." Ryder smirked.

I nodded and quickly pushed him off my car. The meadow is about a 20 minute drive from here. It's usually open road from here to the meadow, so there shouldn't be anyone on the road. I started up my car and watched as Ryder climbed onto his bike. I reversed out of my carpark and eyed Ryder. Ryder smirked and nodded for me to go. I laughed and then quickly took off. Now I wouldn't say I'm the best driver in the world but I do love my car and my father made me take a million lessons just to make sure I could handle it. I soon heard the sound of Ryders bike behind me. Now I knew there was no way I was going to win this race but I sure as hell was going to have fun.

I both heard and saw Ryder race past me. I laughed and pushed harder on the accelerator. I soon skidded to a halt, coming to a smooth...ish stop by Ryder, who was sitting on his bike watching the road. I turned off my car and jumped out, amped up from the adrenaline. "Better luck next time Kitten." Ryder said with a quiet laugh. I smiled and bounced my way towards him. "Just wait till I get a bike! Then we can race for real!" I said while smirking up at him. Ryder just raised an eyebrow at me and slowly got off his bike. "Come on speedy, let's go talk." Ryder said while grabbing my hand. We slowly made our way towards the meadow. I noticed Ryder no longer needed me to lead the way. Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about that.