Chapter Seven

My smile widens as I see Jack frantically looking around. Once his eyes lock with mine I shiver. His eyes burned with pure anger and hatred. The cafeteria parted like the ocean in that bible story as he stomped his way towards me. I kept my eyes locked with his, not showing him how nervous I already was. I see Sophia in the corner of my eye watching us. I turn to her and smile.

"Hey Soph, did you want any of those photos I have on my phone? I can just email them to from home since any pics I take get sent to my computer automatically." I said and smirked when I see Jack tense up more. Sophia looked so confused, the poor thing. But I did know she wanted all the pictures I have of Lucas. "How about I come over to your place tonight? Then I can pick the ones I want. You take some awesome pictures V" Sophia asked. I nod. "Sure thing Soph."

We both turn to Jack when he growls from impatience. Grabbing my arm tightly he pulls me up and starts dragging me out of the cafeteria. "I need to talk to you." He growled annoyed at being ignored. I try to pull my arm away wincing with how tight he's holding my arm. His hold tightens and I squeak in pain when suddenly we freeze. I look and see a strong hand had grabbed Jacks arm, freezing us in place.

Confused I follow up the arm, past the shoulders and to the face I least expected to see. Lucas. My heart squeezed tightly due to the pain and shock of seeing him so close to me. "Dude, what the hell? Let her go." Lucas growled in warning.

Jack glared at Lucas but slowly let my arm go. Lucas grabbed my arm and rubbed where Jack was holding me. Trying to ease the pain. "Babe? You ok?" He asked with a worried tone. My heart jolted slightly in surprise. What the? He looks up at me with worried eyes and I finally relax smiling up at him softly. I took a small step closer to him as he continued to rub my arm.

Sophia was suddenly next to me. "Come on V. Let's get out of here. Jack, she'll talk with you later." She starts leading me away causing Lucas to let go of my arm and follow after us. We walk a few steps when someone grabs my arm again. I shiver as sparks flash through my body. I look back shocked to see Ryder standing there looking at me. Ryder stares at me, his eyes uncertain. I give him a soft smile before I pull my arm away. Turning I follow Sophia out with Lucas following closely behind us.

Sophia says nothing and just leads us towards our cars. "Let's get out of here. We've all had enough teenage drama for one day." She said softly. Lucas grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me towards him. He gives me a quick hug before pushing me towards my car and making his way towards the cafeteria. I had a feeling he was going to confront Jack about what happened. I quickly grabbed hold of his hand. "Don't worry about it. Everything will be sorted tomorrow." I said trying to soothe the anger I could feel rolling off him. He looks at me for a long time and I keep eye contact with him, showing I was telling the truth. He sighs and nods before turning and leaving.

Sophia and I make our way towards my house. We dump all our things on my bed and make our way back downstairs. We grabbed all the junk food we'll need for the night before heading to the lounge. Both carrying an armful each of chips, drinks, chocolate and other lollies. Sophia gets up to grab the iPad so she can pick a movie while I order us some pizza. I smile as I hear the familiar Tangled theme music. She pushes play and joins me on the couch. I heard the doorbell ring and race to the door. Handing my money over to the very sexy pizza delivery boy, I smile then head back to the lounge, not bothering with my change.

"Ready to talk?" She asked halfway through the movie. I sigh and nod. One box of pizza was already gone and half of the other was disappearing fast. I place my slice of pizza down and turn to look at here. "Where do you want me to start?" I asked. "Tell me why Jack was chasing after you? He looked damn near crazy." She asked curiously. I rolled my eyes not believing her for a second, I knew what she really wanted to know. There was no way she could forget my little comment about her and Lucas.