Chapter Seventeen

My eyes locked with Hoani's and I smirked. His eyes were on fire as he watched Dylan tattoo the left side of my hip. He was also able to see the bottom half of my chest tattoo as well.

I thought back to when he saw it for the first time after I lifted my shift slightly. His deep groan when he saw it for the first time had sent shivers up my spine. I wasn't sure why I kept getting polynesian tattoos since I'm you know... white but the designs are just too amazing. I now had beautiful flowers running along my side and one just above my thigh.

I loved my new tat. It was intricate and feminine. It showed that no matter what happens to me I will always have that feminine essence within me. I especially loved the effect my new tat had on Hoani. He looked about ready to attack me right then and there.

Hoani had also finished off his tattoo. He was adding to his maori tattoo and it now covered his right should and back. It looked hot. He explained that each animal on his arms was a member of his family and the maori art were the struggles he's faced with each family member. It's nice to know what his art means now.

I was all covered up and getting ready to leave with Hoani practically glued to my back. I rolled my eyes at him. Are you sure he's 26? Isn't he a bit old to be acting like a horny teenager? Then again, it's not a bad thing. I like having him close to me. Every time he brushes against me, my body heats up and I fight down the urge to jump him. I knew he wanted to reach out and grab me but because of my new tattoo, he couldn't hug me the way he wanted.

We had just arrived into the reception area when I froze. S***! My eyes clashed with ice blue. My eyes widened slightly before I frowned and looked away. I felt a hand grab my right side and squeezed slightly. I turned to look up at Hoani. His eyes had turned dark as he tried to keep his focus on me. I could see how tense he was and felt the unease rolling off him. I looked up at him confused. Why so anxious? I realised then that he was afraid I was going to leave and go with Ryder. I smiled up at him while grabbing the hand holding me and pulled him towards the door. We had been here for a few hours and I was really hungry. I want my birthday dinner.

I didn't even bother to look at Ryder and just walked out of Instinct. We arrived at Hoani's truck when he pulled me to a stop. I turned to look at him confused. "What's wrong?" I asked while looking at him. He frowned down at me. "You should go talk to him." Hoani said. I blinked confused. "Talk with him who?" I asked while staring at him. I tilted my head as he sighed. "With Ryder." Hoani finally said. I pulled back confused. "Why? I have no reason to talk to him." I said getting more and more confused.

Hoani pulled me into a tight hug. "V, you can lie to yourself but you can't lie to me. The second you saw him you started glowing." Hoani whispered to me. I could hear his voice cracking and knew it was hurting him to tell me these things. "But I don't want to talk with him. I want to go out to dinner with you." I said honestly. Hoani pulled back and smiled down at me sadly. "Veronica, I'm sorry. I want so badly to be with you. I want so badly to put you in my truck and drive away but I can't. I'm just too old for you right now. Maybe in a few years when you're older and you have lived more of your life. I don't want to tie you down so young." Hoani said as he dropped the hands holding me. I froze in shock and looked up at him. I could see the determination that filled his eyes.

My shoulders sagged in defeat. "You're dumping me... Ha! I should have known..." I whispered in a broken voice. I could feel tears sting my eyes but I blinked them away. Of course, he's dumping me! I'm no longer the innocent girl he liked. I was ruined by some stranger. I was fat, ugly and ruined. Sadness once again filled my heart. Nothing good ever lasts long for me. I lifted my head and stood tall. I turned away from Hoani and just walked away. F*** emotions! What good have they ever done for me?